New Delhi, Oct 14 (IANSlife) Following a country-wide survey, with over 2,200 respondents, conducted by Luxury Escapes India amongst its frequent travelling, high-net worth member-base, the following destinations cropped up on top of everyone''s travel bucket-list:
1. Komodo Island is one of the only regions in the world, a home to the elusive Komodo dragon and as awareness of this rare creature grows amongst Indians they are making their way to catch a glimpse of this real-life dragon.
2. More and more Indians are discovering their love for powdery slopes and ski holidays and choosing to head eastwards - to Niseko, in the Japanese northern island of Hokkaido.
3. Andaman & Nicobar Islands have long been the haunt of deep-sea diving fanatics but the islands now look forward to inviting luxury travellers to its pristine shores thanks to the resorts such as the Taj Exotica Andamans and Munjoh Ocean resort at Havelock.
4. Hawaii - With work, travel to the US is increasing at a rapid pace for Indian executives, its natural for them to see what all the fuss is about when it comes to Hawaii. Luxury Escapes has noted a newfound love for the luau amongst Indians on a b-leisure trip to the US.
5. Faroe Islands - Technically a part of the Kingdom of Denmark, the unspoilt paradise of the Faroe Islands is being discovered by Indian travellers. Luxury resorts are hard to come by, but Danish hospitality at local Bed & Breakfasts more than make up for it.
6. South America and Antarctica - South America & Antarctica are so remote that Indians who wants to explore it properly can just take a short sabbatical from work and cover the entire region at one go. Alpacas, Machu Pichu, Christ the redeemer, Pablo Escobar, Patagonia, Argentinian meat, Avocados the list goes on. Add to that, a luxury cruise option departing from Ushuaia and heading to the far reaches of the southern-most continent all in five star luxury.
7. Bandhavgarh is the dark horse amongst India''s forest reserves and is only now showing up on wildlife enthusiast''s itineraries. With luxury resorts such as the Taj Mahua Kothi and Syna Tiger Resort catering to this discerning audience, it makes for a perfect weekend getaway.
8. Khao Lak - While Indians have had their fill of Phuket, Koh Samui and the like in Thailand; Khao Lak is proving to be an undiscovered gem for most. Replete with luxury resorts, beach clubs and wildlife parks; there''s something here for everyone.
9. Varkala - A sleepy little beach-town located on a hill-top overlooking the Indian Ocean; Varkala is gaining popularity for its black sand beaches, hippy culture and for being the birthplace of India''s nascent surfing culture.
10. When visits to Serengeti and Kruger are par for the course, a visit to the land of silver-back gorillas in Rwanda and Uganda, is what separates the men from the boys.
(Arun Ashok is the Country Manager for Luxury Escapes India, an Australia luxury travel startup.)
Disclaimer :- This story has not been edited by Outlook staff and is auto-generated from news agency feeds. Source: IANS