Advertisement
Monday, Sep 27, 2021
Outlook.com
Outlook.com

ITL foraying into NBFC segment to finance tractor sales

ITL foraying into NBFC segment to finance tractor sales
outlookindia.com
1970-01-01T05:30:00+0530

New Delhi, Sep 9 (PTI) International Tractor Ltd (ITL) is foraying into non-banking finance segment to offer loans for its tractors besides other products in rural market, according to a top company official.

The company has received nod from the government to enter the segment with a wholly-owned subsidiary, Autotrac Finance Ltd (AFL), and the move is expected to help it in meeting target of selling two lakh tractors annually in the next five years, Sonalika International Tractors Executive Director Raman Mittal told PTI.

"At present, 80 per cent of tractor purchase is financed and the rest 20 per cent is on cash payment. However, whenever there is distress in the rural economy, the financing option is not available. So we thought of addressing this through our own captive financing," he said.

Mittal further said AFL received the licence to enter the segment in August and by February 2019 the company is expected to start financing.

When asked about investments in the venture, he declined to share details but said, "In the short term of a two-year window we are looking at 10 per cent of ITL's business, which could translate to a book order of around Rs 500 crore."

ITL is known for its Sonalika brand of tractors. It has also introduced new products under the Sikander range.

On whether AFL would also finance tractors of other brands, Mittal replied in the negative and said, "We would look at diversifying portfolio by financing other products which are relevant to the rural market, not necessarily other tractor brands."

Last fiscal, the company had crossed the one lakh annual sales milestone and had set a target of selling two lakh units a year in the next five years. As part of the plan, ITL is also entering the Chinese market this year. PTI RKL MR


Disclaimer :- This story has not been edited by Outlook staff and is auto-generated from news agency feeds. Source: PTI

More from Website

ICA Assures Greater Collaboration With Indian Cooperatives

ICA Assures Greater Collaboration With Indian Cooperatives

ICA assures help in opening windows of opportunity to put cooperatives in India in touch with others globally to create business opportunities

Shafali Verma, Radha Yadav Join Sydney Sixers For Upcoming WBBL Season

Shafali Verma, Radha Yadav Join Sydney Sixers For Upcoming WBBL Season

Shafali Verma currently sits atop the ICC women's T20I player rankings. Radha sits 11th in the T20I player rankings.

Kangana Ranaut Reveals She Gained 20 Kgs For ‘Thalaivii’ And Lost Is In Six Months

Kangana Ranaut Reveals She Gained 20 Kgs For ‘Thalaivii’ And Lost Is In Six Months

Actress Kangana Ranaut has revealed that she put on 20 kgs for her last film ‘Thalaivii’. Not just that, she even lost it entirely in the following six months.

More from Outlook Magazine

Out Of Tune: Indie Musicians Seek Protection From Heckling And Abuse At Gigs

Out Of Tune: Indie Musicians Seek Protection From Heckling And Abuse At Gigs

Performers’ safety can only be ensured through street cred and holding organisers accountable.

Smoke And Mirrors: Smog Towers To Clean Up Dirty Air Is A Polluted Idea

Smoke And Mirrors: Smog Towers To Clean Up Dirty Air Is A Polluted Idea

The concept of vacuuming air in the open is not a practical solution to combat air pollution.

Sentry Duty On High Seas: Any Move To Contain China Is Welcome

Sentry Duty On High Seas: Any Move To Contain China Is Welcome

China, Afghanistan and the Quad are the pressing issues that form the backdrop of PM Modi’s first in-person meeting with Joe Biden

Advertisement

Outlook Newsletters

Advertisement