New Delhi [India], Sept 1 (ANI): Relocating with a limited budget can any day be a dreadful situation. The entire process calls for tremendous planning.
A successful and hassle-free relocation requires proper detailing, from safe transportation to security of the goods. At Interem, we believe in offering holistic services for relocation. From planning to placing - We thrive for complete client satisfaction.
Once you recruit a reliable and recognised movers and packers company, you can hand over the whole obligation of relocation, which includes packing, loading, unloading, unpacking and settling.
Since, we spend a lot of time in choosing the best things for our house; we must also give some time to evaluate the relocation companies. This would help us to understand who offers the best and reliable deal.
Packing and moving is a serious business; therefore, a company without experience would not be a good choice.
Below mentioned are few points, as listed by Rahul Pillai, CEO of Interem Relocation, that will help in picking a right company for easy and stress-free relocation.
1. Choose a FIDI certified mover: It is highly recommended to select a FIDI accredited company. FIDI is the only recognized affiliation globally, for the moving industry, which is given to a company after a physical audit by the Ernst and Young. This ensures that certain global standard are being met by the relocation company in each market. This certification also checks the financials position of the company, which ensures that they have a sound financial situation and are covered for the liabilities which cannot be forecasted. They also look at the files and rate your claim as well as customer satisfaction ratio. This first level of filter can get you to the list of companies who are certified globally and are different from the hordes of unorganized so called packers. You can check for a FIDI certified mover from the FIDI website which is www.fidi.com.
2. Pre move survey: This becomes the most critical aspect once you have shortlisted the moving companies whom you wish to work with. Either a physical survey or a video pre move survey will be the best way to assess the shortlisted companies. That way you can understand the local infrastructure, move process and references, which will enable you to further shortlist the moving companies. During a video survey you can ask the surveyor to take you around his facility, material and store area as well, which will give you an overview about the business model. This process is less time consuming for you and gets you a 1st hand view about your prospective mover.
3. Visit their office: This maybe time consuming but will clear all your doubts. It's definitely worthwhile for you and the company, as the trust level increases.
4. Quotation Review: Once you have made the quality, valuation, it is important to do the commercial valuation. Please ask for a door to door service and check all the exclusions provided by each mover. This will help you to understand if it's an apple to apple comparison with no hidden charges. Do check the volume estimated, transit time, service inclusions / exclusions, door to door rate, insurance premium, union charges and inclusive taxes in order to make a clear comparison between the selected moving companies.
5. Transit Insurance: Underwriting the risk during the door to door movement will be a key, as that could at times be really painful. Like we do life insurance, health insurance or vehicle insurance, transit insurance of your household goods while being packed and moved is very critical. It is important to understand the features of the policy that is being offered by the shortlisted moving companies and check the following:
a. Insurance premium rate
b. Declare goods basis replacement cost and not as per depreciation rate
c. Minimum deductions in case of a claim
d. What does the policy include and exclude
e. Claim processing timelines
6. Get everything in writing: Business does not understand verbal communication. The Proof is imperative. So, get everything in writing. Be it the quote, commitments given by the mover, list of inventory, insurance documents, promises, terms and conditions, etc. Also, each relevant document and mail should be carefully checked in order to avoid future trouble.
If the above points are covered, there is a high chance that you will be able to have a seamless move with the least of heart burns. (ANI)
Disclaimer :- This story has not been edited by Outlook staff and is auto-generated from news agency feeds. Source: ANI