Indian Chef Jailed In Singapore For Molesting 2 Teenage Girls

Singapore court has sent 44-year-old Indian chef Sushil Kumar to jail for molesting two teenage girls.

British Woman Jailed For Three Years For Carrying Painkillers In Egypt

A chef from India has been jailed for molesting two teenage girls in Singapore.

The news agency PTI in its report said a 44-year-old chef from India has been sentenced to three months and four weeks' jail for molesting two teenage girls in the country.

“Sushil Kumar pleaded guilty to two charges of molesting the victims,” the report said.

“Just about three months after he first molested a teenage girl in broad daylight near a subway train station, he targeted another girl whom he touched without consent and declared his love for her even though she did not know him,” it said.

It added: “On both occasions, Kumar spent an inordinate amount of time hugging, kissing or touching the girls.”

Singapore court heard that on the afternoon of August 2 last year, the victim, who was 14 years old then, was walking home from Boon Keng train station when Kumar stopped in front of her to speak to her, it said.

It added unable to understand him, the victim thought that he was asking her for directions to the station.

“Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Delicia Tan said the girl pointed towards the station and the convict responded by wrapping his arms around her shoulders and coming into body contact with her without her consent,” it mentioned.

He also kissed the girl on her right cheek, it said.

It added Kumar then asked her for her mobile phone number and saved it.

He then hugged the girl again and kissed her right cheek several times, it said.

He later used his mobile phone to take a number of "selfie" photos of him and the girl, it said.

Kumar even asked if she wanted to eat with him but the girl said she needed to return home, it said.

“He hugged and kissed her cheek again for another one to two minutes before telling her that she could call him if she needed money,” it mentioned.

After he walked away, the girl ran home and told her mother about the incident, it said.

It added a police report was made that evening.

Investigations later revealed that after this encounter, Kumar sent two text messages through WhatsApp to the girl, tried to video-call her twice and sent her another text message containing two emojis of which one was blowing a kiss, it said.

Kumar was arrested the next day and released on station bail a day later, it said.

A few months later on the evening of November 8, a 19-year-old was waiting at the lift lobby of a housing block when Kumar intended to outrage her modesty suddenly touched the teenager's arm with his hand, it added.