Gun violence has always been a rising concern for people living in the United States. In inadvertently or methodically guns have been a part and parcel of US culture. Needless to say, Where there are more guns, there are more deaths.
However, there are some top states in America, where the rate of gun violence and casualties due to gun violence has drastically increased. There are a number of factors that have contributed to the increase in gun violence in these States of the US. Take a look at the States which have the highest gun violence and deaths related to it.
1. Mississippi: With 28.6 deaths per 100,000 residents, Mississippi has the highest gun violence-related death rate in the US.
2. Louisiana: The place has a huge 26.3 gun death rate. This makes the State the second-highest state with gun violence-related deaths.
3. Wyoming: In the third position, the state which has witnessed maximum gun violence-related deaths is Wyoming. The state has the third highest gun violence-related death rate, with 25.9 deaths per 100,000 people.
4. Missouri: With 23.9 deaths per 100,000 people, Missouri has the fourth-highest gun violence death rate in the nation.
5. Alabama: With 23.6 deaths per 100,000 people, Alabama has the fifth-highest gun-related death rate in the nation.
On the other hand, the States in the country which has the highest gun death rates are among the ones with the highest gun ownership rates.
Take a look here:
Mississippi – 50% of adults have a gun in their house
Louisiana – 48%.
Wyoming – 59%.
Missouri – 48%.
Alabama – 50%.
Alaska – 59%.
Poverty, lack of access to mental health care and easy access to guns are some of the prominent factors that have a major contribution to gun violence. The issue is one of the most complex issues which has raised concerns over the security of every individual living in the United States.