Renting an RV for a one-way road trip across the U.S. offers flexibility and the chance to see more sights without returning to the start point.
In this article, we're diving into a game-changer for road trip enthusiasts: one-way RV rentals. Imagine the freedom of traveling across the U.S. without the constraint of returning to your starting point. We'll guide you through the benefits of this unique travel method, how to select the perfect RV, and tips for maximizing your adventure. Whether you're a seasoned traveler or planning your first road trip, this article is your ticket to an unforgettable journey. Buckle up and prepare to be inspired!
The Best One Way RV Rental Companies
If you're planning a one-way RV trip, you'll need a reliable rental company to provide you with a quality vehicle and excellent customer service. Here are four of the best one-way RV rental companies you should consider for your next adventure:
RV Share is a peer-to-peer RV rental company that allows you to rent RVs directly from private owners. This means you can often find great deals on one-way rentals, as owners are often willing to negotiate prices. RV Share has a wide selection of RVs to choose from, including Class A, Class B, and Class C motorhomes, as well as travel trailers and pop-up campers.
RVezy is another peer-to-peer RV rental company that allows you to rent RVs directly from private owners. Like RV Share, RVezy has a wide selection of RVs, including motorhomes, travel trailers, and campervans. One of the benefits of using RVezy is that they offer 24/7 roadside assistance to ensure you have a safe and stress-free trip.
Cruise America is one of the largest RV rental companies in the United States and has been in business for over 45 years. They offer a wide selection of Class C motorhomes, which are perfect for one-way trips. Cruise America has locations throughout the United States, making it easy to pick up and drop off your rental RV in different locations.
Outdoorsy is a peer-to-peer RV rental company that offers a wide selection of RVs to choose from, including motorhomes, travel trailers, and campervans. They also offer a unique "Worry-Free Rental Guarantee," which includes 24/7 roadside assistance, insurance coverage, and a dedicated customer support team. Outdoorsy is a great option for a hassle-free one-way RV rental experience.
Top Road Trips for One Way RV Rentals
- Seattle to San Francisco
- Denver to Las Vegas
- Anchorage to Seattle
No one wants to drive the same route on a road trip. With a one-way RV rental, you can actually embark on that epic cross-country journey you’ve been wishing to do since high school. Here are some of the best RV road trips in the USA and Canada.
Best RV Road Trips in USA
- Los Angeles to Las Vegas: This iconic road trip takes you through the Mojave Desert and past the Hoover Dam. Along the way, you'll see stunning desert landscapes and have the opportunity to stop at quirky roadside attractions like the World's Tallest Thermometer.
- New York to Seattle: For a truly epic cross-country journey, rent an RV in New York and drive all the way to Seattle. Along the way, you'll pass through some of the most beautiful parts of the country, including the Rocky Mountains and Yellowstone National Park.
Best RV Road Trips in the West
- Denver to Las Vegas: This road trip takes you through some of the most stunning landscapes in the American West, including the Rocky Mountains and the Grand Canyon. You'll also have the opportunity to explore vibrant cities like Denver and Las Vegas.
- Seattle to San Francisco: Starting in the Pacific Northwest and ending in the Bay Area, this road trip takes you through some of the most beautiful parts of the West Coast. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to explore charming seaside towns and sample delicious seafood.
Best Winter RV Road Trips
- Denver to Vail: If you're looking for a winter adventure, consider renting an RV and driving from Denver to Vail. Along the way, you'll pass through some of the most beautiful parts of Colorado and have the opportunity to hit the slopes at some of the best ski resorts in the country.
- Seattle to Whistler: For an unforgettable winter road trip in Canada, rent an RV in Seattle and drive north to Whistler. Along the way, you'll see stunning mountain landscapes and have the opportunity to ski at one of the best resorts in North America.
Best RV Oregon Road Trips
- Portland to Crater Lake: This road trip takes you through some of the most beautiful parts of Oregon, including the Columbia River Gorge and Crater Lake National Park. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to sample delicious local cuisine and explore charming small towns.
- Bend to the Oregon Coast: For a scenic drive through the Pacific Northwest, rent an RV in Bend and drive to the Oregon Coast. Along the way, you'll see stunning mountain landscapes and have the opportunity to explore charming seaside towns.
Understanding One Way RV Rentals
If you're planning a road trip, renting an RV is a great way to travel in comfort and style. One way RV rentals offer the flexibility to pick up your RV in one location and drop it off in another, making it easy to plan a route that suits your needs.
When you rent an RV, you'll have access to all the amenities you need for a comfortable trip, including a kitchen, bathroom, and sleeping area. You can choose from a range of RV sizes and styles to suit your needs, from compact models to larger motorhomes with all the bells and whistles.
One way RV rentals are a great option if you want to explore a new region without having to backtrack to your starting point. For example, you could rent an RV for Burning Man by picking one up in Los Angeles, driving to Black Rock City and then heading back to San Francisco along the Pacific Coast Highway.
When you rent an RV, it's important to choose a reputable rental company that offers expert advice and support. Look for a company that has a range of RV rentals to choose from, as well as helpful resources like trip planning guides and RV maintenance tips.
How to Get a Discounted or Promotional Rate
When it comes to one-way RV rentals, you can often find discounted or promotional rates if you know where to look. Here are some tips to help you get the best deals on your RV rental:
- Book Early: One of the best ways to get a discounted rate is to book your RV rental early. Many companies offer early booking discounts, so be sure to check with the rental company to see if they offer this type of promotion.
- Look for Promotions: Keep an eye out for promotional rates offered by rental companies. You can often find these promotions on the company's website or by signing up for their newsletter.
- Consider Off-Peak Seasons: Another way to save money on your one-way RV rental is to consider traveling during off-peak seasons. Rental rates are often lower during these times, and you can save even more money by booking early.
- Check for Discounts: Many rental companies offer discounts to members of certain organizations, such as AAA or AARP. Be sure to check with the rental company to see if they offer any discounts that you may be eligible for.
- Compare Rates: Finally, be sure to compare rates from different rental companies to find the best deal. You can use online comparison tools to help you find the lowest rates.
Planning Your Adventure
When planning your one-way RV rental adventure, there are several factors to consider. First, decide on your travel route and destinations. Consider factors such as the length of your trip, the sights you want to see, and the terrain you will be driving on. This will help you determine the type and size of RV you need to rent.
Next, choose a reputable RV rental company. Look for a company with a wide selection of vehicles, flexible rental terms, and good customer reviews. Check the company's policies on one-way rentals, including any additional fees or restrictions.
When packing, be sure to bring along all the essentials, including bedding, towels, cookware, and utensils. Don't forget to pack any necessary outdoor gear, such as hiking boots, fishing poles, or bicycles.
Before hitting the road, familiarize yourself with the RV's features and operating instructions. This includes learning how to drive and park the vehicle, as well as how to operate the electrical and plumbing systems.
During your road trip, be sure to stay safe and follow all traffic laws. Take breaks as needed and stay alert while driving. Remember, the journey is just as important as the destination, so take time to enjoy the scenery and make memories along the way.
Final Thoughts on One Way RV Rentals
Renting an RV for a one-way trip can be an exciting adventure that allows you to explore new places and create unforgettable memories. However, before you hit the road, there are a few things you should consider to ensure that your trip goes smoothly.
First, it's important to choose a reputable RV rental company that offers one-way rentals. You can use online search engines to find companies that offer this service. Make sure to read reviews and compare prices to ensure that you get the best deal possible.
Next, consider the type of RV you want to rent. There are many different types of RVs available, from small camper vans to large motorhomes. Think about the number of people who will be traveling with you, as well as your budget and comfort level.
When planning your route, be sure to take into account the distance you will be traveling and the time it will take to get to your destination. You may want to break up your trip into smaller segments and plan to stop at RV parks or campgrounds along the way.
Finally, be prepared for the unexpected. Bring along a first aid kit, extra food and water, and any other supplies you may need in case of an emergency. It's also a good idea to have a basic knowledge of RV maintenance and repair in case something goes wrong while you're on the road.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most popular one-way RV rental routes?
One-way RV rental allows you to travel to your destination without having to worry about returning the RV to its original location. The most popular one-way RV rental routes are from the West Coast to the East Coast and vice versa. Another popular route is from the Pacific Northwest to the Southwest. You can also rent an RV for a one-way trip from popular tourist destinations such as Las Vegas, San Francisco, or Los Angeles.
How much does it cost to rent an RV one-way?
The cost of renting an RV for a one-way trip varies depending on the rental company, the type of RV, and the distance you plan to travel. On average, you can expect to pay between $100 and $300 per night for a one-way RV rental. Some rental companies may charge additional fees for one-way rentals, so it is important to ask about any extra charges before booking.
What is the difference between a Class B RV and a traditional RV?
Class B RVs, also known as camper vans, are smaller than traditional RVs and are built on a van chassis. They are easier to drive and park, making them a popular choice for couples or small families. Traditional RVs, on the other hand, are larger and offer more space and amenities such as a full kitchen, bathroom, and sleeping areas. They are a better choice for larger families or groups who need more space and comfort.
Can I return my RV rental to a different location?
Yes, one-way RV rentals allow you to return your rental to a different location than where you picked it up. However, not all rental companies offer one-way rentals, so it is important to check with the company before booking. Some rental companies may also charge additional fees for one-way rentals, so be sure to ask about any extra charges before booking.