Amid a prolonged power supply disruption in the building for five days following a fire caused by a short-circuit, doctors at a government hospital in Chhattisgarh's Bastar district on Saturday were compelled to treat injured patients under phone's flashlights
About the power outage
As per media reports, in a bid to resolve all issues at the hospital immediately, MLA Rajman Benjamin said that he has directed the electricity department to deploy alternative arrangements.
According to PWD's Electrical Engineering Department official Ajay Kumar Temburne, the initial repairs were done in the building immediately after the short circuit incident.
Block Medical Officer of the area, Dr Arijit Chaudhary stated that highlighting the urgency of carrying out repairs, a letter was sent to the electricity department a month ago.
According to Chaudhary, the concerned letter also pointed out that there is dampness on the walls due to rains, which could cause a short circuit.
It has been reported that Dr Chaudhary has now written a letter to the higher officials of the department demanding a generator for the hospital.
About the accident
The treatments are underway for the injured patients after a collision between a truck and a bus in Kilepal on Friday evening injured 18 people while two were killed on spot.
The injured were rushed to the hospital, and discovered on reaching there that it was without power.Some of the injured were in critical condition and had to be sent to Dimarapal Medical College for better treatment.
The hospital ambulance had also not reached the site of the accident despite being called, and the injured were taken to the hospital in the vehicles of Chitrakoot MLA Rajman Benjamin, who lives near the hospital, and the Tehsildar of Bastanar village.