Historic love stories have always evoked widespread and enduring interest in the minds of audiences. The tragic tale of Salim-Anarkali has haunted the audience with a strong feeling of suspense, mystery and awe all these years. Amidst different theories, Zee5’s recently released series ‘Taj: Divided By Blood’ explores passion, tragedy and different shades of the forbidden love story. Along with the flamboyance and grandeur displayed in the series, one cannot help being emotional and intrigued by the charms of handsome prince Salim and the extremely beautiful - Anarkali.
Let’s have a look at 5 heart-wrenching moments from the OTT show which will shatter your heart into pieces:
- As Anarkali was a bandi (slave girl) of Akbar, this significant moment within the house of mirrors when Akbar notices Anarkali and Salim exchanging smiles, deducing that they are having an affair gave us goosebumps!
- The enchanting moment where Salim falls head over heels in love with the ravishing beauty Anarkali and confesses his true feelings towards her. He addresses her as a “Khubsoorat Panchi” trapped in a cage and gets ready to give up the Mughal throne!
- Upon suspecting illegitimate relations between Prince Salim and Anarkali, Akbar orders Anarkali to be buried alive in a wall. This dreadful, terrifying scene sent chills down our spine!
- We were scared to death when furious Akbar learned about the two love-birds and held Anarkali’s neck imposing his authority over her!
- The entire saga filled with love, hate, and betrayal created a huge tiff between the emperor and his firstborn, to the point where Salim stopped speaking to Akbar for a long time!
Immerse yourself in the tragically beautiful historic saga ‘Taj: Divided By Blood’ if you’ve not done it yet.