National

NEET Aspirant Studying In Rajasthan’s Kota Hospitalised After Consuming Tablet Overdose, Police Investigation On

The NEET aspirant from Bihar has told the police officials that he consumed overdose of tablets meant for fever by mistake, the report said.

Rajasthan Police (Representative image)
info_icon

A 23-year-old NEET aspirant was hospitalised after he allegedly consumed 15 tablets meant for reducing fever.

The news agency PTI quoting police officials said Gulshan Rajput from Bihar's Khagaria district had told them he was suffering from fever and had consumed overdose of tablets, meant for fever, "by mistake".

The report quoting one police official said the student denied attempting suicide or being in depression, adding the investigation in the matter was underway.

Gulshan's friend Sarvesh, also a coaching student from Bihar, claimed that he was depressed for the last few days after he had repeatedly scored low marks in routine tests at the coaching institute, it said.

Gulshan was rushed to MBS Hospital when his health condition deteriorated, it added.

He has been preparing for NEET in a coaching institute for over two years and living in the Kunhadi area, it said.

The student allegedly consumed around 20 Dolo 625 tablets and was brought to the hospital late Tuesday evening, said a medical staff member, it added.

He said doctors stated that his condition was out of danger, it mentioned.
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement