National

In Photos: First Batch Of Agniveer Soldiers Start Training

The first batch of Agniveers of the Indian Army have started their training. Agniveer is the term for a soldier recruited under the Agnipath scheme introduced last year. Under the Agnipath scheme, soldiers will be recruited for four years, unlike previously when soldiers would be recruited for full-service until retirement. Under Agnipath scheme, soldiers will be recruited for four years and only 25% of them will be absorbed for full service and the rest 75% will be discharged after four years. The scheme has come under great criticism and it's said it would deprive the military of experienced soldiers and would erode youth's interest in joining the military as there would be no job security.

First Batch of Agniveers
info_icon

The first batch of Agniveers of the Indian Army have started their training. Agniveer is the term for a soldier recruited under the Agnipath scheme introduced last year. Under the Agnipath scheme, soldiers will be recruited for four years, unlike previously when soldiers would be recruited for full-service until retirement. Under Agnipath scheme, soldiers will be recruited for four years and only 25% of them will be absorbed for full service and the rest 75% will be discharged after four years. The scheme has come under great criticism and it's said it would deprive the military of experienced soldiers and would erode youth's interest in joining the military as there would be no job security.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement