We've created a guide with the help for sportsbooks.ag that details all you need to know about the best offshore sportsbooks, how you can use them to bet on your favourite sports and also what to look for when choosing one.
WHAT ARE OFFSHORE SPORTS BETTING SITES?
The continuous development in the online sports betting experts' world came with the offshore sportsbook.
A Sportsbooks is a simple sports betting platform that is run outside the United States and also provides services to US customers, which gives them a place to wager on all kinds of sports and major sporting events.
The whole idea behind calling it an Offshore is just to make it clear that the platforms do not operate under the control of the US government.
WHO ARE SPORTSBOOKS.AG?
In an era where sports betting has transformed into a colossal industry, finding the right online sportsbook can be a daunting task. Sportsbooks.ag stands as a beacon of integrity, providing sports bettors with invaluable tools and insights to navigate through hundreds of online sportsbooks and betting sites. This comprehensive guide delves into the core functionalities and features of Sportsbooks.ag , offering a crystal-clear view of what bettors can expect.
Unbiased Evaluations for Optimal Betting
Sportsbooks.ag impartially evaluates hundreds of offshore sportsbooks, providing bettors with accurate ratings and personalized recommendations. These assessments are meticulously crafted by industry experts, ensuring that bettors receive the most relevant information to make informed decisions.
Incentives, Customer Service, & Pricing
Understanding the dynamics of customer service, incentives, and wager pricing is crucial. Sportsbooks.ag delivers detailed reports on these features, allowing bettors to compare various sportsbooks on multiple fronts.
WHY DO OFFSHORE SPORTS BETTING SITES EXIST?
While sports betting is legal in several states in the US, we still have many States where it is still not accepted. That means with an Offshore Sportsbook, players can have other options rather than travelling to places like Las Vegas or New Jersey to place a bet.
Users in a jurisdiction where betting is not legal can place bets without breaking their local law as they're placing bets with a service that is regulated in a foreign country.
BENEFITS OF OFFSHORE SPORTSBOOKS
The offshore sports betting has opened doors to a lot of changes in the sports betting industry and has brought massive transformation.
Because these platforms do their operations outside countries like the US, it provides a unique advantage to those that are operating onshore m
Now, let's look at some of the benefits of the best offshore gambling sites and sportsbooks:
- Offshore Sports Betting Sites Have More Favorable Odds and Wider Betting Options: Because they operate outside the UK, bettors can get numerous offers on favourable odds and other exciting betting offers.
- Accessibility and Legal Autonomy: In 2018, the Supreme Court have states the power to decide if they'll legalize sports betting or not. Before this, the only resident of a state that could place bets on Sports events were the residents of Nevada. Though it has now been legalized by a lot of states, some still are not. But with an offshore platform for people to connect from anywhere, they can cater to growing betting needs because many states don't have rules that say they can ban offshore sports betting.
Bonuses and Promotions for Sports Betting: Offshore sportsbooks tend to have attractive offers and promotions to get and keep more customers. Because the American betting market is very enticing, best offshore sports betting sites can also provide offers that will be unbeatable with good odds.
- Variety in Bet Types and Sports Betting Markets: Some Football fans may not get an option for live betting in some states because of their regulations, but with an offshore platform, the players will get numerous offers which can even draw on more American customers.
- Diverse Payment Options: one good thing about offshore betting sites is that you get to have various payment options to choose from. Some of these can be from standard card payments to even cryptocurrencies.
The fact that crypto is even accepted for some top offshore betting sites makes the betting experience interesting because its value can rapidly increase.
With the different payment and banking methods used, players will get added security and privacy because the regulated sites will require that they link their bank accounts to the betting account making it difficult for people to just not have separate gambling finances from betting.
Using payment options like PayPal and other e-wallets are available for offshore betting while they may not be available in some casinos.
- Operational Flexibility of Offshore Betting Sites for Sports Betting: Online betting sites that operate offshore are easy to manage and operate. This is mostly because they don't need to follow any state or federal regulations that have to do with betting. This improves their ability to provide extensive betting options, offers and care for their audience and customers.
- Expert Recommendations: Experts have taken time out to review offshore sportsbooks and the recommendation had been good, which means they must continue to offer fast payouts and treat the customers well.
CONS OF OFFSHORE SPORTSBOOKS
Though offshore sportsbook has a lot of enticing benefits, some disadvantages are associated with it:
- Legality of Offshore Betting Site: if you are in the US and doing offshore betting from there, it is illegal. There have been cases where operators will lure customers with sign-up bonuses or competitive odds, but they cannot offer their services in the U.S.
- Lack of Consumer Protection: Since most offshore sportsbooks are not regulated by a government agency, there'll be situations where the right of the consumer may not be protected and they won't be subject to regular checks by a regulatory body. Because of this, the user may not get adequate security for their money, privacy of information and transparency from online offshore sportsbooks provide you.
A player might even be left stranded if they get into a little dispute with the operator.
- Potential Closure: an Offshore Sportsbook may be at risk of closure and the player won't know about it. If they are being targeted by authorities or for any other reason, the sportsbook may close without refund deposits or players' winnings.
- Bank Account Risks: with the increase in cybercrime as a result of technology, there is a chance that the offshore sportsbook online bookmakers may not have secured measures in place to protect users when making transactions. Thankfully, to mitigate the risk, the U.S. financial institutions cannot process transactions on these platforms.
Though the offshore sportsbook may try to be sneaky and use another source, if the person is caught, their bank account may be closed.
- Offshore Betting Site Trustworthiness: You cannot completely rely on best offshore betting sites legal the site or sportsbook books especially if they don't have a well know reputation among players. It'll be difficult to verify if they are credible or if their history can be tracked to know their level of reliability.
And with the increase in cybercrime, some may not be transparent or show any level of integrity, which will most likely lead to fraud or bad practices.
- Inconsistent Features: Though some of the offshore sportsbooks have enticing offers, some may not provide the full suite of features on all the platforms. A very good example of this is where the BetOnline sportsbook offers several betting markets and bonuses, but most of the features are available on mobile.
- Potential Deposit and Withdrawal Issues: Offshore sportsbooks may encounter certain problems during deposit and withdrawal if they are complicated processes the player is not aware of. For example, they may ask for higher minimum deposit requirements or restrictions on withdrawal methods which only makes it stressful to users.
HOW TO CHOOSE A GOOD OFFSHORE SPORTSBOOK
Do not choose an Offshore Sportsbook without doing your research on them.
There are good offshore sportsbooks offshore betting legal gambling sites out there but we also have bad ones that are there to dupe players.
This is why you have to follow these steps to help guide you on how to choose a casino games or good offshore casino gaming sportsbook to have a memorable experience betting.
These steps are:
- Reputation and History: Get all you can about the reputation of the platform among users. Make sure that it has been in operation for a period of time and is still able to satisfy its customers' needs. For example, Everygame sportsbook was established in 1996 and is popularly known for its fairness, user-friendliness, and accessibility to players. BetUS has been around since 1994 and boasts over 1 million clients because of its reliability and good reputation.
- Licensing: Check to confirm that the sportsbook you want to with is licensed by a reputable and well-known authority. For example, Everygame was first licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission but later switched to the Curacao license, and BetUS is also licensed by the Curacao Gaming Commission. The good thing about being licensed by a reputable body means they have to adhere to the standards of operations.
- Betting Options: Choose a platform that'll give you a variety of sports and enticing betting options. You can check out Everygame and BetUS for this.
- Payment Methods: This is very important because it'll determine the ease at which you get to make transactions on the site. Make sure they offer different kinds of payment options and choose the one that is convenient for you.
- For example, Everygame payment methods include Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- Customer Support: You need to verify that the customer service can offer robust support whenever you need it and they have multiple contact options. Top platforms like Everygame and Bovada have 24/7 customer support using live chat, email, and phone.
- Mobile Accessibility: Check if they have a mobile app that is accessible and has a user-friendly interface so you are not lost. Bovada has an app that is available for both iOS and Android.
- Bonuses and Promotions: Look for different platforms and go through their bonuses and promotions, then choose the one that has an attractive offer. For example, many offshore sportsbooks give up from 50% to 300% bonus based on the deposited amount by its users.
- Geographical Restrictions: make sure you verify that the platform you are using is available in your jurisdiction. For example, Everygame is not available in New York, New Jersey, and Maryland, while Bovada is banned in states like New Jersey, New York, and Nevada.
- Reviews and Ratings: some people ignore this, but if you want to get first-hand information on the reliability of a platform, check their customer's reviews to understand their weaknesses and strengths. If you go through top platforms like Heritage Sports, Bovada, and BetOnline, they have good reviews, which make them a top choice among other offshore sportsbooks.
- User Experience: Check that the platform is user-friendly and you can easily navigate your way around it without being confused because it'll determine the level of experience you'll get when placing bets.
Safety and Security when Choosing an Offshore Sports Betting Website
When considering the use of offshore sportsbooks, it's essential to prioritize security. Here are precautions you should take:
- Research the Sportsbook's Reputation: Before signing up, research the sportsbook's reputation.
- Understand Local Laws: Recognize that some states prohibit local operators from extending credit, leading bettors to seek offshore sportsbooks. It's vital to know and abide by your local regulations regarding offshore gambling
- Ensure Legal Compliances: Entities involved in online gambling should have a recognized offshore account. Before getting involved, confirm the offshore sportsbook adheres to legal compliances such as having a Swiss or Liechtenstein bank account.
- Check the Security of Funds: Your funds' security is paramount. Ensure the sportsbook uses secure transaction methods and has a history of honoring withdrawals.
- Beware of Technical Issues: Watch out for potential problems like software glitches, payment processing issues, or limitations on the type of wagers you can place.
In summary, while offshore sportsbooks can offer benefits, they also come with risks. Do thorough research, understand the legal implications, and prioritize the security of your funds before placing bets.
What is the Legality of Offshore Sports Betting Sites
The world of sports betting in the USA has undergone a significant transformation in recent years. While offshore sportsbooks have been a go-to for many Americans, understanding their legal status is essential.
- Global Legality vs. US Laws
Most offshore sportsbooks are legal in their countries of origin and are typically regulated by an official government authority. This makes them lawful entities where they are based. However, the situation gets murky when considering their operation in relation to U.S. laws.
- Shift in the U.S. Sports Betting Landscape
2018 marked a pivotal year for sports betting in the USA. The U.S. Supreme Court overturned the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992, paving the way for states to regulate sports betting individually. This decision shifted the dynamics, with many states promptly offering regulated sports betting options.
- Offshore Sportsbooks in a Regulated Era
Even with legal options available, offshore sportsbooks continue to find patrons in the U.S. One reason could be the challenge in gathering solid information on the offshore betting market. Many offshore operators remain tight-lipped, likely fearing increased scrutiny or potential crackdowns with media exposure.
- The Gray Area of Offshore Sportsbooks
While Americans wagered over $22.7 billion at legal U.S. sportsbooks by 2020, offshore sportsbooks still had a significant presence. The legal concerns surrounding offshore sportsbooks in the U.S. remain as ambiguous as the previously overturned anti-sports betting laws.
While offshore sportsbooks operate legally in their native countries, their status in the USA is less clear-cut. As U.S. states continue to adopt regulated sports betting, the role and presence of offshore sportsbooks may change. Bettors are advised to stay informed and cautious, ideally patronizing state-regulated betting platforms like here
What are the Most Popular Offshore Sportsbook Sports to Bet on?
The sports betting landscape in the USA has transformed significantly over the years, especially with the surge of offshore sportsbooks. These offshore platforms remain preferred by many sports bettors now, despite a few states having regulated sports betting options of their own.
As for the most popular top sports leagues on which US bettors place their wagers using offshore sportsbooks, the leading leagues include the NHL (National Hockey League), NFL (National Football League), and NBA (National Basketball Association. Additionally, World Cup Soccer and the MLS (Major League Soccer) markets receive substantial attention. The variety of sports markets being offered differs across platforms, but these leagues consistently remain in high demand among bettors engaging in live betting.
While stateside options continue to grow, offshore sportsbooks have entrenched their position in the market, reflecting their allure to a considerable segment of the US betting population. As the industry progresses, the tug-of-war between domestic and offshore betting platforms will be a space to watch, as each vies for supremacy in the lucrative US market.
Offshore Sports Betting: Bonuses and Payment Methods
What Bonuses Can You Expect at Offshore Sports Betting Platforms?
Many offshore sports betting platforms are vying for bettors' patronage. To differentiate themselves, top platforms offer enticing welcome promotions. They attract bettors with recurring promotions such as free wagers, boosts, and loyalty incentives. Here’s a breakdown of the typical offers you'll find at offshore wagering platforms:
Welcome Bonuses Based on Deposits
Predominantly, offshore betting platforms lure new users with bonuses based on initial deposits. After creating a new account and funding it, the platform typically matches your deposit with bonus funds. Note that there's typically a ceiling to this kind of bonus. Take BetOnline as an example. They'll double your deposit up to a cap of $1,000.
However, before cashing out your bonus, you'll need to bet it several times over. If your bonus is $100 and there’s a 6x turnover condition, you must make wagers totaling $600 to unlock any remaining balance.
No Deposit Bonuses
Some platforms reward you with credits even without a deposit. These bonuses aren't that common, but when you see them come up, they can be a golden opportunity. To withdraw any winnings from these credits, a more stringent turnover condition often applies. This type of bonus lets you explore the platform, determining if it’s a fit for long-term betting.
Offshore platforms frequently offer opportunities to earn free bets. At times, making a specific type of live bet unlocks this bonus. For instance, a parlay of $50 might grant you a free $10 wager. Alternatively, some platforms might just hand them out. The returns from these bets could be in real cash or site credits, which might need to be wagered again before you can withdraw.
Offshore Sportsbooks Offers And Bonus Types
Offshore sportsbook bonuses can quickly add up to a good sum of money within no time. You however need to know how and when to take advantage of these offers and bonuses for even better odds. Here are some of the best Offshore Sportsbook offers and bonuses worth checking out.
1. Free Bets on a Offshore Sports Betting Site
This is one of the most common and welcome bonuses you can get for sports betting. A free bet is simply that, ability to place a wager without spending a dime. The best part about this is that you get to keep the money should you win. Should you lose, the offshore sportsbook will refund the wager amount to your account, meaning you can bet again with the same.
2. Matched Deposits on a Offshore Sports Betting Site
Most legit sportsbooks and betting sites offer matched deposits from time to time. The bookie, e.g., BetUS, Bovada, BetOnline, MyBookie, etc., will match your deposits up to a certain percentage. You can use the earned bonuses to wager on bets without touching the deposited amount. BetOnline, for example, offers a 50% deposit match up to $1,000. In other words, you’ll get a $500 bonus when you deposit $1,000.
3. Welcome Bonuses on Offshore Sports Betting Sites
To kick start your betting journey, Offshore bookies offer a welcome bonus after verifying your account as a welcome ‘hug’. The welcome bonus can be in a number of forms including a deposit percentage bonus, free bets, no deposit offer, and many more. The bonuses will also vary from one bookie to the other. The beauty of this is that you can use the bonuses earned to wager on most if not all, categories. You can thus use these bonuses as a safety net especially when/if new to sports live betting. You can use the bonuses to practice and hone your skills. They thus are the key to a rewarding journey on offshore sportsbooks.
4. No Deposit Bonuses on Offshore Sports Betting Sites
Very few bookies offer No Deposit bonuses. Nonetheless, best online sportsbooks that do will award you a bonus you can place wagers with. You also get to keep all the money won through the wagers. No deposit bonuses provide a safety net that allows one to practice as well as evaluate their options for live betting. You can choose to fund your account and continue your journey or walk away once the bonuses are exhausted. This way, you will have very little to risk, but still learn a lot.
5. Bonus Terms and Conditions for Offshore Sports Betting Sites
Most offshore sportsbook bonus offers are tied to strict terms and conditions. Some bookies will require one to wager a minimum number of odds before any proceeds can be available for withdrawal. There might also be a minimum/maximum amount prop bets you can bet at the offshore sportsbook per given time. Time limits are also common too, after which the bonuses will expire. That said, it would be advisable to read and familiarize yourself with the bookie’s bonus terms and conditions soon after creating an account.
Payment Methods on Offshore Platforms
Several transaction methods cater to offshore bettors. Broadly, these methods fit into three categories:
Cryptocurrency for Offshore Betting Sites
Cryptocurrencies offer an efficient method to manage your offshore betting account. They're known for speed, safety, and ease. While Bitcoin dominates in popularity, Ethereum trails closely, though it can sometimes be pricey due to network costs.
For those avoiding high transaction fees, alternative digital currencies on different blockchains like Litecoin or ADA may be appealing. Their transaction fees are often negligible, offering a cheaper alternative to traditional bank transfers. Moreover, getting your winnings in crypto is usually faster than traditional currency.
Digital Wallets for Offshore Betting Sites
Though eWallets like Skrill and Neteller frequently appear on offshore platforms, you might be hard-pressed to find PayPal. Alternatives might include offerings like MuchBetter or ecoPayz. While these digital wallets offer convenience, it's worth noting that using them could disqualify you from some promotions, so it’s wise to scrutinize the fine print.
Conventional Payment Options for Offshore Betting Sites
The majority of offshore platforms will happily accept mainstream credit cards like Visa, MasterCard, and often Discover. Some even accommodate American Express. Beyond credit cards, options span wire transfers, e-checks, money orders, person-to-person transfers, and even old-school paper checks. Each option comes with its own set of limits and potential fees. Fortunately, most platforms clarify these details in their payment section.
Equipping yourself with the right knowledge makes your journey to the world of offshore sports betting less daunting. Understanding the various bonuses and payment options allows you to make informed decisions, ensuring a smoother and more enjoyable betting adventure.
Getting Started with the Best Offshore SportsBooks
Looking to get started with the one of the top offshore sportsbooks? The following is a step-by-step guide on how to wager with our top-rated offshore betting platform in 2023.
Step 1: Create an Account for Offshore Betting
To place your first bet with, you first need to create a new account with them. Head on to their website and click on the “Join Now” button. In the registration box, enter your details, including your name, phone number, email, date of birth, and password for your new account.
Step 2: Verify your Email for Offshore Betting
Most offshore sportsbook platforms requires all their new players to verify their email addresses before they can start betting. You will see an email from the site. Open it and click on the link they provide to complete the verification step.
Step 3: Fund your Account for Offshore Betting
You can then deposit funds into your betting account. These platform accept a variety of payment options including Mastercard and Visa debit and credit cards, bank transfers, Ethereum, Bitcoin, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin.
Step 4: Start placing Bets for Offshore Betting
At this point, you're ready to start betting with the sportsbook. Head on to the lobby and click on the game you want to play and see the full list of wagers. To add a bet to your bet slip, click on the odds you’d like to take. Choose how much you want to bet on those odds using the bet slip. When you’re ready, just click on the “Place Bets” to put in your wagers. You can then sit back and watch the action unfold.
Best Sports to Bet on at the Best Offshore Sportsbooks
For many, sports betting has become a great pastime and here are some tips to choose the best offshore sportsbooks
Features to Look From an Offshore Betting Site
Choosing a reliable offshore gambling site will help you find your perfect online betting site too. Tell me the most important thing:
ome a lucrative venture that combines the thrill of the game with the promise of monetary returns. But what are the best sports to place your bets on within betting limits? This article aims to shed some light on this topic using the available data.
The Metrics of Profitability
When defining the "best" sport to bet on, it's essential to note that "best" is a subjective term that can be swayed by individual opinions and contextual differences. However, to maintain objectivity, the focus here is to ascertain the most profitable sports in terms of potential return on investment (ROI). The ROI metric is crucial as it considers fluctuating odds and provides a historical comparison applicable to all bettors, irrespective of their bankroll size. The higher the potential ROI, the less of your bankroll you risk on each wager, and consequently, the more money you can make with fewer bets.
Insights from the Data
A study conducted by Sports Betting Dime (SBD) used the SBD Sharp tool, a proprietary tool that tracks teams as investments over time, to determine which sports offer bettors the most value. After analyzing the data from the five most profitable teams in the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and NCAA football and basketball, the results revealed the following insights:
- College Football: This college sport offers the most value across all bet types, closely followed by the NFL. When betting on the most offshore betting sites, College Football has an optimal ROI score of 159.23% - very good among college sports.
- Baseball (MLB): Of all the major leagues, baseball offers the lowest potential value across all bet types with an optimal ROI score of 7.34% when betting on the the top offshore sportsbooks.
- Basketball: Betting on College Basketball is significantly more profitable than NBA betting. For moneyline bets, the optimal ROI score for College Basketball is 29.22%, while the NBA stands at 13.92%.
- NHL and NBA: Both these leagues have a comparable potential ROI across all bet types.
- Best Sports for Moneyline Betting:
- College Football: 159.23% Optimal ROI Score
- NFL: 78.7% Optimal ROI Score
- College Basketball: 29.22% Optimal ROI Score
- NBA: 13.92% Optimal ROI Score
- NHL: 10.07% Optimal ROI Score
- MLB: 7.34% Optimal ROI Score
Betting Tools and Odds Comparison for Offshore Bookmakers
Apart from the data mentioned above, it's also essential to have the right tools at your disposal when entering the world of sports betting. Websites like OddsChecker US offer odds comparisons, ensuring that you get the best value for your bets. OddsChecker tracks odds across various major sports now, including NBA, NCAAB, Golf, MLB, NFL, NCAAF, Soccer, Boxing & UFC, NHL, Tennis, NASCAR, and more. They compare odds across multiple platforms, helping bettors make informed decisions.
In conclusion, while personal preferences may dictate the college sports that you want to bet on, it's always advisable to research, use tools, and be informed before placing your bets. College Football seems to be a top contender in terms of potential returns, but always remember to gamble responsibly and enjoy the process.
10 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS) ABOUT OFFSHORE SPORTSBOOKS AND OFFSHORE BETTING SITES:
1. Is online sports betting illegal in the US?
It is not illegal at the national level in the US but individual states may choose to have laws that ban them.
But there's no federal law that makes sports betting on the individual level a crime. For instance, Washington State has strict laws against online betting, but no one has been charged for it.
2. Where is online sports betting legal in the US?
Full-scale sports betting is only legal in Nevada that means the resident can beg online with Vegas sportsbooks. While Oregon, Delaware, and Montana have legal sports lotteries.
3. Do offshore sportsbooks offer different betting options than domestic ones?
Offshore sportsbooks have a large range of betting options, unlike sportsbooks that are regulated, especially in the US. For example, the best offshore betting site will be regulated in the US might not offer Super Bowl national anthem betting but offshore sportsbooks do.
4. What is the difference between legal and offshore sportsbooks?
What differentiates them is the fact that legal sportsbooks are regulated by an authority and they must be compliant but offshore sportsbooks are subjected to any state regulation.
5. How can I identify if a sportsbook is legal?
You can do this by verifying that the sportsbook operator has a license from a recognized body to conduct their business in a particular location.
6. Are the best offshore sportsbooks safe?
If you want guaranteed safety with offshore sportsbooks, go for reputable platforms that are popular among players. Do your research to choose the best out of the top offshore bookies platforms.
7. Is offshore sports betting legal in the U.S.?
There are no federal or state laws (excluding Washington) that ban US bettors doing playing with an online sportsbook, but make sure they have a license and are regulated by a jurisdiction outside the US.
8. Are sports betting apps legal?
Local and offshore sportsbooks all provide legal betting apps. All you need to do is to download them if they are local or access them using a mobile browser if it's international. Offshore betting sites operate legally in most cases
9. Why should domestic sports betting be legal?
It should be made legal because even if they are restricted in a particular jurisdiction, players may still access it using offshore sites and the tax revenue will not benefit the local economy.
10. How old do you need to be to place bets online?
You must be at least 18 years old before you can place bets online gambling. But in a place like Las Vegas, you have to be 21.
Disclaimer: The above is a sponsored post, the views expressed are those of the sponsor/author and do not represent the stand and views of Outlook Editorial.