Adipex (phentermine) is one of the most popular prescription diet pills used for rapid short-term weight loss. It works as an appetite suppressant, giving users the willpower needed to reduce calorie intake and shed excess pounds.
In this 2023 updated review of Adipex results, we will examine before and after pics, weight loss testimonials, and user reviews to provide an inside look into the effectiveness and safety of this medication. We also list the best Adipex (Phentermine) over the counter brand.
#1 - PhenQ - No1 Adipex OTC (Phentermine Diet Pill)
PhenQ can burn fat, suppress appetite and block a percentages of new fat cells - it is the the de facto multi action diet pill and no1 non prescription Adipex brand.
- Suppresses Appetite - PhenQ contains ingredients like cactus fiber and caffeine that can suppress appetite and reduce food cravings. This helps limit calorie intake to create a daily calorie deficit needed for weight loss.
- Boosts Metabolism - Ingredients like capsimax powder and chromium picolinate in PhenQ can boost metabolism, which helps the body burn more calories. This contributes to an additional calorie deficit.
- Burns Fat - PhenQ helps the body burn stored fat for energy instead of muscle mass. This is done through thermogenic effects and increasing lipolysis (fat breakdown).
- Energizes - The caffeine in PhenQ has a stimulant effect that can help combat tiredness and fatigue that often comes with dieting and calorie restriction. This can boost exercise performance too.
- Reduces Fatigue - PhenQ contains niacin (Vitamin B3) which is important for energy production from food. It also contains magnesium which helps regulate serotonin levels to avoid diet-related fatigue and cravings.
- Improves Mood - By boosting serotonin levels, PhenQ can minimize the mood swings, irritability and fatigue that can result from dieting and low calorie intake. This helps users stick to their diet.
So by attacking weight loss from multiple angles, PhenQ can optimize results while helping users avoid the tiredness and fatigue that often sabotages diets. The energizing and mood-enhancing effects are key benefits.
#2 - Phen24 - Night Time Diet Pills
Phen24 is a natural weight loss pill that provides 24-hour weight management through daytime and nighttime formulas.
The daytime pills contain caffeine, guarana extract, zinc citrate, and other stimulants to boost metabolism, reduce cravings, and increase energy levels.
The nighttime pills contain glucomannan, chromium picolinate, green tea extract, Griffonia extract and other ingredients to support nighttime metabolism, reduce evening cravings, and promote restful sleep.
By providing round-the-clock weight loss support, Phen24 aims to help users burn more calories, limit hunger pangs, improve sleep quality, and ultimately lose more weight.
As an alternative to prescription diet pills like Phentermine, Phen24 does not contain any harmful chemicals or stimulants that can disrupt sleep or cause adverse side effects.
The formulas contain clinically-backed natural ingredients that safely promote weight loss results. Phen24 is made in FDA-approved facilities and comes with a 60-day money back guarantee. It does not require a prescription and can be conveniently purchased online.
#3 - PhenGold - Natural Phentermine Alternative
PhenGold is an over-the-counter weight loss supplement that is designed to be a safer and legal alternative to the prescription drug Phentermine.
PhenGold is a multi-action formula that helps suppress appetite, boost energy levels, and increase metabolism which is great for losing weight naturally.
It contains a blend of natural ingredients such as L-tyrosine, L-theanine, green coffee, cayenne pepper, green tea, vitamins B3, B6, and B12. Unlike Phentermine which requires a prescription and can cause side effects, PhenGold's ingredients are clinically-backed to safely provide similar weight loss benefits.
The L-tyrosine and L-theanine help curb hunger cravings while the thermogenic ingredients like cayenne and green tea increase fat burning.
By combining appetite suppression with increased energy expenditure and metabolism, PhenGold provides a powerful over-the-counter option comparable to prescription medications for supporting weight loss.
It does not require a prescription and can be purchased directly online. PhenGold offers a money-back guarantee and free worldwide shipping.
What is Adipex (Quick Look and Introduction)
Adipex, also known as Adipex-P, is the brand name for a weight loss medication called phentermine. Phentermine is a type of drug called an anorectic, which works by decreasing appetite. It is used as a short-term treatment in conjunction with diet and exercise for weight loss.
Here's what you need to know about Adipex in a nutshell.
1. Usage: Adipex is typically prescribed for individuals who are overweight and have at least one weight-related health issue, such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol. It's intended for short-term use, typically only a few weeks.
2. Function: Adipex works by suppressing the appetite. It stimulates the central nervous system, increasing heart rate and blood pressure, and decreasing appetite.
3. Prescription: Adipex is a prescription medication. It's classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance due to its potential for misuse and dependency.
4. Side Effects: Like any medication, Adipex can have side effects. These may include dry mouth, unpleasant taste, diarrhea, constipation, and vomiting. More serious side effects can include increased heart rate, high blood pressure, palpitations, insomnia, and changes in mood.
5. Precautions: Because Adipex can be habit-forming, it should only be taken under the supervision of a healthcare provider. It's also not suitable for individuals with certain health conditions, like heart disease, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism, glaucoma, or during pregnancy.
Always consult with a healthcare provider before starting any new medication or weight loss regimen.
Here is a more detailed Adipex weight loss review.
Difference Between Adipex and Adipex-P
Adipex and Adipex-P are essentially the same medication. Both are brand names for the generic drug phentermine, a prescription medication used to aid weight loss in conjunction with diet and exercise. The 'P' in Adipex-P stands for 'phentermine.' Any differences between the two would be due to different manufacturers or possibly different dosages, but the active ingredient is the same. Always consult your healthcare provider or pharmacist for accurate information about your specific prescription.
How Does Adipex-P Work for Weight Loss
This prescription weight loss medication is used as a short-term adjunct in a regimen of weight reduction based on exercise, behavioral modification, and caloric restriction in the management of exogenous obesity.
Here's how Adipex-P works for weight loss:
1. Appetite Suppression: Adipex-P is classified as an anorectic, a type of drug that suppresses appetite. It achieves this by stimulating the release of brain chemicals that will manipulate your mind to curb your appetite, so you feel full and eat less.
2. Stimulation of the Central Nervous System: Adipex-P stimulates neurons to release a group of neurotransmitters known as catecholamines. These include dopamine, epinephrine (also known as adrenaline), and norepinephrine. The action of these neurotransmitters can lead to the suppression of hunger signals in your body, which results in the feeling of fullness and reduction of hunger.
3. Increased Energy Levels: By triggering the release of these neurotransmitters, Adipex-P can also help to increase energy levels, which can motivate more physical activity and thus contribute to weight loss.
The medication is intended to be used in conjunction with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity. It's important to note that Adipex-P is not a magic pill for weight loss or reducing body weight but a part of a larger lifestyle modification plan. It's typically prescribed for individuals who have not been able to lose weight through diet and exercise alone, and who have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher or a BMI of 27 or higher and a weight-related condition like diabetes or high blood pressure.
Always remember that all medications can have side effects and risks, and Adipex-P is no exception. It's key to take this medication under the supervision of a healthcare professional, and to discuss any potential risks or side effects with them.
Adipex Weight Loss Results
Adipex-P (phentermine) can help with weight loss when used in conjunction with a reduced-calorie diet and regular physical exercise. The amount of weight loss that you might experience when taking Adipex-P can vary based on several factors, including your starting weight, diet, exercise regimen, and adherence to your prescribed dosage.
Clinical trials have shown that people using phentermine can lose more weight than people who only diet and exercise. However, it's essential to remember that taking phentermine (Adipex-P) is meant to be a part of a comprehensive weight loss program.
In general, weight loss of about 1-2 pounds (0.5-1 kg) per week is considered a safe and realistic goal. However, individual results can vary significantly. Some people might lose more weight, particularly in the beginning, while others might lose less. It's also worth noting that weight loss tends to slow down after the first few weeks of dieting, which is a phenomenon known as the "plateau."
Adipex Before and After Results
On average, people lose around 5% of their starting body weight over a 12 week period on Adipex. So someone who starts at 200 lbs may lose around 10 lbs. However, weight loss results can vary widely.
Factors that affect before and after weight loss results include the person's starting weight, their diet and exercise regimen, genetic factors, and how closely they follow their doctor's recommendations for using the branded phentermine diet pill.
People who make substantial lifestyle changes like improving their diet and exercising regularly along with taking Adipex tend to lose more weight than those who rely on the medication alone.
As with any weight loss medication, results vary from person to person. Some people lose very little weight on Adipex, while others lose 10% or more of their starting body weight. The amount of weight loss usually correlates with the person's efforts in terms of diet and exercise. You can see more Phentermine before and after results here.
How to Get Adipex in 2023
Here are the steps needed in order to obtain Adipex weight loss drug.
1. Consultation with a Healthcare Provider: The first step is to consult with a healthcare provider. This could be your primary care physician or a specialist in weight management or endocrinology. During this consultation, you'll discuss your weight loss goals, previous attempts at weight loss, medical history, and any current medications or supplements you're taking.
2. Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculation: Your healthcare provider will calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI), a measure of body fat based on your weight in relation to your height. Adipex-P is typically prescribed for individuals with a BMI of 30 or higher, or a BMI of 27 or higher if the individual has a weight-related health issue, such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol.
3. Physical Examination: A physical exam will be conducted to assess your overall health status. This might include blood tests or other diagnostic tests to rule out any underlying medical conditions that could be contributing to weight gain or making weight loss difficult.
4. Discussion about Adipex-P: If your healthcare provider determines that Adipex-P is an appropriate treatment option for you, they'll discuss the medication with you. This discussion should cover the possible benefits, risks, and side effects of Adipex-P, as well as how to take phentermine for best results.
5. Prescription: If you both agree that Adipex-P is the right choice, your healthcare provider will write a prescription.
6. Follow-Up Appointments: Once you start taking Adipex-P, you'll have regular follow-up appointments with your healthcare provider to monitor your progress, adjust the dosage if necessary, and manage any potential side effects.
Lastly, remember Adipex-P is intended to be part of an overall weight loss plan that includes a reduced-calorie diet and regular physical activity. It is not intended for long-term use, and it's essential to follow your healthcare provider's instructions carefully. It is also crucial to maintain lifestyle modifications even after discontinuing the medication to sustain the weight loss achieved.
Can I Buy Adipex Over the Counter
You cannot by the brand Adipex-P over the counter unless you have a valid prescription from your doctor. You can buy PhenQ, Phen24 and PhenGold directly from the manufacturers website without a prescription.
Adipex-P Side Effects and Warnings
Adipex-P, a prescription medicine containing phentermine, is an FDA-approved drug used as part of a comprehensive weight loss program. It is prescribed to help patients shed weight, especially those with health risks linked to weight, such as heart disease. However, like all medications, Adipex-P may have some side effects and adverse effects.
The usual dose of Adipex-P is 37.5 mg, taken once a day. Despite its effectiveness as an appetite suppressant, it's crucial to understand its potential side effects before starting the medication. Some common side effects include increased blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, and chest pain.
In some cases, patients may have an allergic reaction to Adipex-P, symptoms of which can include rash, itching, severe dizziness, and trouble breathing. If you have a medical history of heart disease or a history of drug abuse, you should tell your healthcare provider, as these conditions may increase the risk of adverse effects.
It's important not to mix Adipex-P with other diet pills, appetite suppressants, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors, as this can lead to potentially dangerous drug interactions. You should also avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medication.
If you stop using Adipex-P after using it over a long period or in high doses, you may experience withdrawal symptoms, such as depression and severe tiredness. To prevent withdrawal, your healthcare provider may reduce your dose gradually.
Latest Adipex-P Research Data and Clinical Study in 2023
Other Weight Loss Medications Like Adipex (Phentermine Diet Pills)
Here are some other weight loss drugs that work in a similar way to Adipex-P
Here are a few prescription diet pills that work similarly to Adipex (phentermine):
- Qsymia - A combination of phentermine and topiramate. It works by suppressing appetite and making you feel full sooner while eating.
- Tenuate (diethylpropion) - Works as an appetite suppressant by stimulating the release of norepinephrine which signals the brain to feel fuller.
- Benzphetamine - An anorectic drug that acts as a central nervous system stimulant. It decreases appetite by increasing norepinephrine and dopamine levels.
- Saxenda (liraglutide) - An injectable medication that mimics the appetite-regulating hormone GLP-1 leading to feelings of fullness and satiety.
- Contrave - A combination of naltrexone and bupropion that suppresses appetite by acting on receptors in the brain involved with addiction and appetite regulation.
- Bontril (phendimetrazine) - A stimulant drug that acts on the central nervous system to decrease appetite similar to amphetamines.
- Didrex (benzphetamine) - Works as an appetite suppressant by stimulating the release of norepinephrine, epinephrine, and dopamine.
- Evekeo (amphetamine) - Stimulant medication that suppresses appetite by increasing norepinephrine and dopamine activity like Adipex (phentermine). Requires close medical supervision.
Adipex for Weight Loss Summary
In conclusion, Adipex can be an effective short-term treatment for weight loss when combined with lifestyle changes. However, results vary between individuals and potential side effects need to be considered. For those seeking an alternative, several OTC diet pills like PhenQ, Phen24, and PhenGold contain safe, natural ingredients that may mimic prescription Adipex (phentermine).
The above is a sponsored post, the views expressed are those of the sponsor/author and do not represent the stand and views of Outlook Editorial.