National

Fire Breaks Out At Shopping Centre In Mumbai's Malad

The fire brigade vehicles rushed to the spot of fire and the rescue operation is reported to be on.

Advertisement

A blazing fire incident unfolded in Jaunapur, Southwest Delhi, as a tent godown caught fire on Frida
info_icon

A fire broke out at the Acme Shopping Centre in the Malad area of Mumbai and some people are feared to be trapped inside, the local administration said on Wednesday. 

The fire brigade vehicles rushed to the spot of fire and the rescue operation is reported to be on. 

The details on the reason for the fire or casualties are still awaited, PTI reported.

The report said a fire was reported from the Acme Shopping Centre at around 6:50 PM. The personnel of the fire department rescued at least 11 persons from the shopping centre while the eye-witnesses claim that more than 10 individuals are still stuck on the upper floor of the building. 

Advertisement

The administration informed that all those rescued are safe and the fire department is dousing the fire. As per the officials, the fire was mainly confined to electric appliances, wiring and furniture in two shops on the first floor of the shopping centre. 

The Mumbai Fire Brigade also released a statement on the fire incident and said “Fire broke out in a shopping centre in the Malad area of Mumbai. 11 people were safely evacuated from the shopping centre. No injuries reported. Fire tenders at the spot and douse to control the fire is underway."

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement