This article is related to an affiliate advertising program, and Outlook journalists were not involved in producing this article.
Please note that the prices may vary.
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone is powered by Galaxy’s first 4 nm processor, the fastest and most powerful chip ever. It is the first Galaxy S series smartphone with an embedded pen, with improved latency to work comfortably and use ‘Air Actions’ to control your smartphone remotely. This smartphone is fully action-packed with the latest and advanced features. Let’s take a detailed look at what this handset promises to offer.
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone has a 6.8-inch QHD+ dynamic AMOLED 2x display for a stunning visual experience.
- It has a peak brightness of 1750 nits to improve outdoor visibility for the brightest display.
- Its 120 Hz adaptive refresh rate provides a smooth scrolling experience, adjusting to what’s on screen for an optimised view.
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone has tough ‘Corning Gorilla Glass Victus’ on the front and rear for enhanced durability.
- Builtwise, it is one of the toughest Galaxy smartphones, IP68 rated, made with a polished ‘Armour Aluminium’ frame.
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone boasts a quad rear camera system with a 12 MP ultrawide camera, 108 MP wide-angle camera, 10 MP telephoto camera1, and a 10 MP telephoto camera2 for stunningly beautiful photographs.
- Its 'Advanced Nightography' feature uses a new adaptive pixel technology to capture more light in low-light conditions, resulting in brighter and clearer images.
- Its fast-acting AI delivers near-instant intelligent processing and helps create professional-looking portrait videos with bokeh effects.
- It has a 100x Space Zoom feature combining optical, digital, and ‘AI Super Resolution’ technology to allow users to zoom in on distant subjects with incredible detail.
- Its ‘Super Steady’ feature stabilises videos even when shooting in low light or moving.
Battery and Charging
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone has a powerful battery of 5000 mAh to last for more than a day.
- Its 45W power adaptor and data cable support a superfast charging technology.
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G comes with Samsung One UI 4.1, which is based on Android 12. One UI is Samsung's custom user interface that adds many features and customisations to the stock Android experience.
- It has a new design with a more fluid and intuitive user interface.
- It supports new customisation options, such as the ability to change the colour palette of the system and apps.
- It supports new productivity features, such as creating split-screen and pop-up windows.
Memory & Storage
- This Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone model has 12 GB RAM and 256 GB storage memory.
- It also has 512 GB and 1 TB storage variants available for those requiring a lot of phone storage.
Design & Build
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G is available in four colours: burgundy, phantom black, phantom white, and green.
- It is IP68-rated and can sustain submersion in water up to 1.5 metres of freshwater for up to 30 minutes.
- Its polished ‘Armour Aluminium’ frame makes it durable and long-lasting.
- The ‘Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+’ on the front and rear give it a sleek, sturdy, and stylish look.
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G is priced higher than its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G smartphone, for 12 GB RAM and 256 GB memory storage.
- India's Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G (256 GB) price is INR 1,31,999. It is available on Amazon at a discounted price of INR 1,02,999.
- India's Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G (512 GB) price is INR 1,31,999. It is available on Amazon at a discounted price of INR 98,500.
Weight & Thickness
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone weighs 228 grams and has dimensions of 0.9 x 7.8 x 16.3 centimetres. With its weight equally distributed, it becomes comfortable to hold and carry this handset.
- The fastest and most powerful 4 nm processor
- Comes with an embedded pen with improved latency
- 6.8-inch QHD+ dynamic AMOLED 2x display
- peak brightness of 1750 nits
- 120 Hz adaptive refresh rate
- Made with tough ‘Corning Gorilla Glass Victus’
- IP68 rating
- 12 MP ultrawide camera
- 108 MP wide-angle camera
- 10 MP telephoto camera1 and a 10 MP telephoto camera2
- 'Advanced Nightography' feature
- 100x Space Zoom feature
- ‘Super Steady’ video feature
- Powerful battery of 5000 mAh
- 45W fast charging technology
- 12 GB RAM and 256 GB storage memory
- Polished ‘Armour Aluminium’ frame
The difference between the previous version and this one
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone has a 6.8-inch QHD+ dynamic AMOLED 2x display, whereas its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G smartphone, features a 6.8-inch WQHD+ dynamic AMOLED 2x display.
- The special features of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone are fast charging capabilities and wireless charging, whereas its predecessor's special features include dual SIM cards.
- Also, the ‘S’ pen comes embedded in the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone, which is sold separately in the case of its predecessor.
- The best phone for photography.
- Android doesn’t get any better than this.
Our Product Testing Expert’s Opinions & Observations
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone flaunts a 4 nm processor, delivering smooth performance and operation.
- It has an outstanding camera set-up, quality, and features to take your photography skills to the next level.
- It has a large and amazing quality display, which makes entertainment and creativity super fun.
- It has a powerful battery with fast charging technology, which lasts more than a day.
- It has ample RAM and storage of 12 GB and 256 GB, which handles most of your tasks smoothly and without any problems.
Who should buy this?
- Those looking for a premium smartphone with a stunningly beautiful display, the best camera quality, and software can go for this.
- Those looking for the best performance and quality in a smartphone and are not limited by budget can purchase this.
- “Some of the best features of this smartphone are Its camera, display, ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, software, face unlock feature, performance, and call quality”.
- “The S22 Ultra is the phone to beat this year. Samsung launched the S series earlier than expected, and we already have a phone of the year contender 3 months into the year. Don't think it gets any better than this, no matter what flagship any competition introduces”.
5 Phones in a similar price range, and how are they better or worse compared to this one
The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G smartphone is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, which is better than its predecessor. It has a 200 MP camera, the highest resolution on a smartphone. Its predecessor had only a 108 MP camera. Also, it has an interesting feature which lets your smartphone detect your moods and react accordingly. Both have the same RAM and storage and an equally powerful battery of 5000 mAh. Although, the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G is priced slightly higher than the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone.
Both smartphones have equally good processors, display sizes, Camera system & quality, and wireless charging capabilities and technologies. But there are some differences also. The iPhone 14 Pro Max has a slightly smaller display size and less battery life than the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G. However, the iPhone 14 Pro Max uses a more efficient OLED panel. It also has 6 GB RAM, whereas the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone has 12 GB RAM. The iPhone 14 Pro Max is priced slightly higher than the other handset.
Both smartphones have equally good processors, display sizes, Camera system & quality, and wireless charging capabilities and technologies. But some of the differences are worth noting. The iPhone 14 Pro Max has a slightly smaller display size and less battery life than the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G. The Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G has a more versatile rear camera system with a 10x optical zoom lens. It has an S Pen stylus, which the iPhone 14 Plus does not. The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G is priced higher than the iPhone 14 Plus.
Both smartphones have the same RAM and storage to handle most tasks smoothly. Sharing the same camera set-up and quality, both capture stunningly beautiful shots. They have the same display size and battery life but only slight variations in the display quality. One of the differences is that the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone has the ‘S’ pen embedded in the smartphone, which is to be separately purchased for the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G handset. Also, the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G is more expensive than the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G.
The Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G has a more versatile rear camera system with a 10x optical zoom lens than the iPhone 14 Pro. It also has a larger battery capacity and RAM than the iPhone 14 Pro. The Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G has an S Pen stylus, which the iPhone 14 Pro does not. Both have large displays with 120Hz refresh rates, Powerful processors, and Wireless charging technologies. Also, the iPhone 14 Pro is slightly more expensive than the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone.
What all are included with the phone purchase
- Ejection Pin
- Data Cable
- Quick Start Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What makes the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra better?
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone has a more versatile camera system with a 10x optical zoom lens, a larger battery, an ‘S’ Pen stylus, a powerful processor, a large display with a higher refresh rate and a peak brightness of 1750 nits, which makes it better than others.
2. How does the phone perform after extended use? Does it slow down significantly over time?
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G phone performs well after extended use. Thanks to its powerful Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, 12GB of RAM, and 256 GB storage memory, it does not slow down significantly.
3. How long does the Samsung S22 Ultra’s battery last?
The Samsung S22 Ultra has a 5000mAh battery, one of the largest batteries available in a smartphone today. This means it can easily last a full day on a single charge, even with heavy use. Some users have reported getting up to two days of battery life on a single charge. Of course, battery life will vary depending on how you use your phone. But even if you are a heavy user, you can still expect to get a full day of battery life from the S22 Ultra.
4. How effective is the manufacturer's after-sales service? Are repairs and replacements handled quickly and efficiently?
Samsung's after-sales service is generally good. The company has a large network of service centres worldwide, and repairs and replacements are typically handled quickly and efficiently. However, some reports have been of customers experiencing delays or problems with Samsung's after-sales service. This may be due to many factors, such as the complexity of the repair, the availability of parts, or the workload of the service centre.
5. How do I maintain my S22 Ultra’s battery life?
Some general tips for maintaining the Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G’s battery life are to reduce the screen brightness, turn off unnecessary features, use battery-saver mode, avoid using your phone while it's charging, and keep your phone's software up to date.
Hopefully, this article answers all your queries regarding the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G smartphone. We hope this helps you make an informed decision.
To contact the Outlook team regarding product recommendation articles, please drop an email to - [email protected]
We will reach out to you within the next 48 business hours.