National

Shop, 16 Motorcycles Gutted After Power Transformer Catches Fire In Thane District

No one was injured in the incident, but a shop and 16 motorcycles parked in the area were gutted, the official said

File Photo
Fire in Thane shops File Photo
info_icon

A shop and 16 motorcycles were gutted after a power transformer caught fire near a railway station in Maharashtra's Thane district on Tuesday morning, a civic official said.

A power transformer near Badlapur railway station caught fire around 6.30 am, said Bhagwat Sonanwane, chief fire officer of the Kulgaon-Badlapur fire station. Local firefighters rushed to the scene, and the blaze was put out within an hour, he said.

No one was injured in the incident, but a shop and 16 motorcycles parked in the area were gutted, the official said.

Preliminary reports suggest that the fire was a result of a short circuit, he said.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement