Are you looking for a Christian dating site where you can find a partner who shares your Christian values? Find your Christian soulmate in the vast dating pool of one of the best Christian dating apps and sites on our list.
Here is our selection of the 5 most popular Christian dating sites of 2023:
- Christian Mingle — a faith-focused online dating site for Christian singles
- Zoosk — a dating app with a wide audience
- SilverSingles — a Christian dating site for Christian singles over 50
- Elite Singles — a dating service with a section on Christian dating
- ChristianCupid — an online dating site for finding a Christian soulmate
Christian Mingle — Best for Long-Term Relationships
Christian Mingle is a popular Christian dating site that has around 1.6M monthly visits and over 15M members globally. It has been around since 2001 and has gathered one of the biggest communities of Christian singles looking for a committed relationship based on Christian values.
Christian Mingle is a partly free Christian dating site that also has subscription-based premium membership. Trying it out for 1 month will cost you $49.99. However, to save some, you can choose the 6-month option for $24.99 per month.
Christian Mingle comes in several forms: Christian dating apps for iOS & Android and the desktop version. A free membership allows you to:
- Create and fill your profile
- Set criteria and search for Christian singles
- View profiles (including through the Lookbook feature, where you see the picture of the person plus a short description of their info)
- Send smiles
- See who liked and visited your page
- Reply to messages that were sent to you by premium users
A premium subscription to Christian Mingle opens access to unlimited messaging, receiving notifications when your messages are read, hiding online status, and using anonymous browsing.
Andy Park, researcher of dating-jedi.com: ‘I think Christian Mingle is worth your attention if you are looking for Christian dating sites you can try out for free before you commit to a subscription. The dating website is easy-to-use and has a vast member database. The majority of users are seeking meaningful relationships and are active in both replying and initiating the conversation.
My personal favorite feature is Messaging +, which allows subscribed users to send messages that can be viewed and replied to by both premium and free users. This is not generally common for dating apps and sites, so it’s a nice bonus.’
Pros&Cons of Christian Mingle
- Christian Mingle has a large dating pool of Christian singles
- You can set detailed criteria to meet like-minded Christian singles
- Compatibility ratings in daily suggested matches
- Very detailed profiles with 3+ photos
- Dating apps for iOS and Android
- Free membership is limited, though there are free ways of communication
- Recurring fees if you go premium
- No video chat
Zoosk — Best for Singles Who Seek Perfect Compatibility
Zoosk is not one of those classic religious dating apps, but it is a great online dating service to consider if you are looking for meaningful relationships with a partner who shares your values.
Zoosk has over 40M monthly visits. The gender ratio is 57% female to 43% male, so there are good chances to find both Christian men and women.
Zoosk has created an online dating community for singles looking for deep commitment. Users have numerous tools necessary for searching and communication, but Zoosk is not a free dating app. To use advanced features of the dating service, members need to upgrade to premium, which starts at $21/mo for a 1-month subscription, but if you want to save, you can opt for a 6-month subscription at $13/mo.
Amber Jenkins, author of dating-jedi.com: ‘Overall, I think that Zoosk is quite a standard dating app that will work best for 40-50-year old Christian singles. The dating site has detailed profiles, instant chat, and scientific personality tests for compatibility-based matches.’
Pros&Cons of Zoosk
- Super Send feature
- A non-paying user can see other users’ profiles
- Convenient search tool with filters
- Not just a Christian dating service
Silver Singles — Best for Singles Over 50
Silver Singles is one of niche dating sites for 50+ dating. It has around 1.3M visits monthly and is a popular place for dating without the 20-30-year-old crowd. The dating website has been on the market for over 20 years and offers a basic membership for free with an opportunity to upgrade to premium for $24.95 per month in a 3-month deal (there are 2 more options available)
To use Silver Singles, you can download the app for iOS or Android. Alternatively, you can create a profile in the web version if you like desktop online dating more.
Free members of the site can get matching suggestions, browse profiles, make a list of favorites, and send likes. Going premium on the dating site opens access to all profile photos, seeing your visitors, unlimited communication, and other interesting features.
Erin O'Brien, author of dating-jedi.com: ‘Though Silver Singles is different from the classic Christian dating sites and apps, I think it is a good option to consider to start a serious relationships if you are over 50. Many of users are Christians, and there is a religion filter that will help you navigate the site's extensive dating scene.’
Pros&Cons of Silver Singles
- Five Factor Model personality test and matching
- Convenient search based on dating preferences
- Affordable prices for the premium membership
- Many success stories and helpful articles on dating on the Silver Singles blog
- There are not only Christians
- Only premium members can use the chat
- No video chat
Elite Singles — Best for Detail-Oriented Love Seekers
Elite Singles is a popular online dating platform for finding long-term partners.I's not a dating site meant just for relationships based on religious beliefs, but it has a Christian singles subsection and around 1.1M monthly visits.
EliteSingles is not just good for finding single Christian men and women but also for dating highly-educated singles as 85% of the site's US members hold an above-average education.
The dating website has been around since 2009 and offers partly free Christian dating with premium access for $54.95 for a 1-month subscription. To find Christian singles in your area, you must register, complete a detailed personality test, specify your interest in Christian connection, and get your matches. The features you get for free include:
- Viewing the results of your personality test
- Receiving suggestions
- Sending smiles and likes
- Uploading photos to your profile
Premium members get access to viewing profiles of Christian men and women, sending messages, reviewing visit history, leaving comments on photos and profiles, and more.
Andy Park, researcher of dating-jedi.com: ‘Elite Singles is one of those dating sites that have a positive reputation and provide versatile dating opportunities. Though it's not just for Christian dating, it's not hard to find singles who share your religious beliefs with a convenient search tool. Also, the initial personality test allows one to find a Christian woman or man based on very detailed characteristics.’
Pros&Cons of Elite Singles
- Daily matches of Christian women or men
- Comments on photos
- Inactive profiles are not shown in Matches
- Wildcard matches
- Detailed personality test for best compatibility with potential partners
- The shortest membership is 3 months
- Minimum radius is 50 miles, which is not very close
- You can’t find matches manually and have to rely on the website’s matching algorithm
Christian Cupid — Best for Dating Within Your Denomination
Christian Cupid is another popular Christian dating site that has over 105K monthly visits. It was established in 1999 and has been steadily growing in the niche of Christian dating apps and sites. The dating service is suitable for serious relationship seekers in the online dating world. Christian Cupid is partly-paid and provides Gold membership for $24.98 a month if you choose a one-month plan. You can make it as cheap as $8.33 per month if you commit to a 12-month subscription.
This Christian-only dating site provides everything for a convenient search for compatible Christian members all over the world. As a free member, you can create and update your account, browse through the list of profiles, send winks, and get messages from premium members. However, unlimited chat, no ads, profile boost, instant translation, and other services are fee-based on this Christian dating site.
Andy Park, researcher of dating-jedi.com: ‘I think that Christian Cupid is a good option for Christian singles who are looking for an online dating website with users from all over the world. The dating platform is user-friendly and has an easy search. Also, there are real success stories shared by real users from the Christian community.’
Pros&Cons of Elite Singles
- Active users with filled profiles from all over the world
- Members share intentions on their online dating profiles
- You can commit to just a 1-month long premium to try it out
- Many ads if a member uses a free subscription plan
- No Christian dating app for iOS users
How Do Christian Dating Sites Work?
The best Christian dating apps and sites like Christian Mingle and Zoosk work similarly to other dating sites for romantic relationships. But the difference is that Christian dating websites are designed specifically for Christian singles who are searching for like-minded partners.
The majority of Christian online dating sites and apps work this way:
- Registration and creating a profile. To become a member, a person usually needs to share some basic information and add photos to the profile on the dating site.
- Search and match with a partner of the Christian faith. Both paid and free Christian dating sites like Zoosk provide various search and matching services to find compatible partners.
- Communication. When you find someone you like on the dating platform, you can enjoy a Christian connection via messaging, emails, video chats, and other communication ways.
- IRL dates and developing serious relationships. If you feel like you've met your Christian soulmate, you can proceed with planning your first IRL date.
Also, dating sites such as Christian Mingle or Elite Singles prioritize the safety and privacy of their users and have many additional features that allow them to enhance the online dating experience. These can be Christian community blogs or forums, online events, or even celebrations.
Who Should Use a Christian Dating Site?
Anyone of age can join any of the Christian dating websites as there is no prohibition for non-Christian members. However, as the best Christian dating sites were designed for Christian singles specifically, they will work best for:
- People who are looking for partners in the Christian faith
- Men and women seeking serious relationships and deep commitment
- Singles from all over the world who have limited access in their location to people who share their religious beliefs
- Christians open to online dating
- Those who seek a supportive and safe community for dating online
- Christian singles who want to meet a partner based on detailed characteristics
Ultimately, a great dating site for Christian dating can work well not just for religious people, but also for men and women interested in a committed relationship and marriage.
What Should You Know Before Choosing the Best Christian Dating App or Site?
Before you join one of the best Christian dating websites like Christian Mingle, I recommend checking if it suits your denomination. Some online dating sites and apps for Christians such as Elite Singles cater to specific Christian variations, and some are broader.
Research the reputation of the particular Christian dating service and read professional reviews. Though there is a stereotype that all Christian dating apps are safe to use, there are fakes on all dating sites.
Also, it's worth checking out the features, functionality, free and paid options, as well as expenses that you potentially may have using a Christian dating website.
Tips on What to Say on Christian Dating Apps
Even on the best Christian dating sites like SilverSingles and Christian Mingle, it's important to be active and approach people, as well as have meaningful conversations that would reflect your faith and core values. Here are some tips on what to say during Christian online dating:
- Introduce yourself in a genuine and friendly manner; share information about your background and lifestyle
- Highlight your faith, especially if you join a broader dating app that includes members of other religious groups and not just Christians
- Talk about the faith journey and show genuine interest in the person's experiences and beliefs
- Talk about the values that you share
- Discuss your favorite Bible verses or new spiritual insights you got on your way
- Be respectful and open-minded as every person has their own journey
- Share your interests and hobbies to find more common ground
- Don't be afraid to use humor—there’s no need to be serious all the time
- Engage in meaningful conversations, but still respect personal boundaries
Remember: the key to success on the best Christian dating sites, as well as any general dating sites, is to be yourself and be respectful. Show your interest in meaningful relationships and allow everything to go its own way.
The Bottom Line
We found the best dating sites for Christian dating that are user-friendly, have big active communities, and offer lots of tools for easy search and communication with like-minded people.
Explore the peculiarities of each online dating app and site we mentioned and see which one suits your journey and intentions the most. Good luck with finding your Christian soulmate!
Disclaimer: The above is a sponsored post, the views expressed are those of the sponsor/author and do not represent the stand and views of Outlook Editorial.