A massive fire broke out in the generator coach and an adjoining passenger car of the Shri Ganganagar Humsafar Express train shortly after it left Valsad railway station in Gujarat on Saturday afternoon, officials said. Immediately the train was brought to a halt and all the passengers deboarded with no one reported injured, said the officials.
"A fire broke out in Tiruchchirappalli-Sri Ganganagar Humsafar Express around 2 pm soon after it left Valsad station towards Surat," said a railway official.
According to Superintendent of Police Karanraj Vaghela, the fire broke out in the power coach and spread to the adjoining B1 coach. A short circuit is likely to be the reason behind the mishap.
The fire is under control now, the officials said.
But the incident caused panic among the passengers.