Amid controversy over the release of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmavati, member of Rajput Karni Sena has openly threatened to chop the nose of lead actress Deepika Padukone if the release of the film is not stopped.
Deepika Padukone has now been granted special security.
"Rajputs never raise a hand on women but if need be, we will do to Deepika what Lakshman did to Shurpanakha, " Mahipal Singh Makrana of Rajput Karni Sena said in a self-made video.
The film's producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali had too earlier received threats from the fringe outfit. He was later provided security.
Protests against Padmavati have been ongoing since its production. Early this year, Bhansali was roughed up and assaulted on the sets during the shooting when Karni Sena workers created ruckus and vandalised the sets of the movie.
Bhansali is facing the ire of various groups, who allege improper "depiction" of legendary queen Rani Padmavati in the movie.
Lokendra Singh Kalvi of the Karni Sena has now said the right-wing group will call for a 'Bharat Bandh' on December 1 in protest of the release of the movie. "We will gather in lakhs, our ancestors wrote history with blood we will not let anyone blacken it, will call for Bharat bandh on 1 December," he said.
Kalvi had earlier warned of dire consequences if the release of 'Padmavati' was not stalled.
"Jauhar ki jwala hai, bahut kuch jalega. Rok sako to rok lo (a lot will burn, stop if you can)." he had said.
Kalvi's statement comes a day after Rajput Karni Sena members vandalised Aakash Mall in Rajasthan's Kota in protest against showing the trailer of 'Padmavati'.
Sarv Brahmin Mahasabha members also protested today against the movie in Jaipur and signed names with blood to be sent to the Central Board of Film Certification.
Padmavati does not seem to have a clear path ahead. The Uttar Pradesh government today apprised the Centre that the release of Bollywood film "Padmavati" on December 1 will pose a law and order problem for the state.
In a letter written to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, UP Principal Secretary (Home), Arvind Kumar said the Censor board should be apprised about the public resentment over the alleged distortion of facts in the movie.
"The Censer Board members should take a decision after taking into account people's views. They should be apprised about it.
"It has come to the notice through intelligence reports that the film's producers have presented the movie for Censor Board clearance. After the release of the trailer of the movie on October 9, various social and other organisations opposed the film," the letter said.
The period drama, starring Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor, has been facing protests from various groups, including Shri Rajput Karni Sena, for allegedly tampering with historical facts.
(Inputs from agencies)