Six months after they split, the two AIADMK factions helmed by Chief Minister E.K Palaniswami and rebel leader O.Panneerselvam have announced a merger.
Following the merger, O.Panneerselvem, a three-time CM of Tamil Nadu will hold the position of Deputy CM while Edappadi Palaniswami will continue to remain the Chief Minister of the state.
The merger that had been in limbo for weeks now today finally culminated. However, even as the merger was happening, 16 MLAs were closeted with TTV Dhinakaran and charting their future course of action wondering how to combat the expulsion of Sasikala.
- O.Panneerselvam sworn-in as deputy CM at Rajya Bhawan.
- Chennai: CM E.Palaniswami & O.Panneerselvam pay tributes to former CM Jayalalithaa at her Marina Beach memorial
- It will be decided after party's general body meeting: O. Panneerselvam on question of VK Sasikala's expulsion from party post
- The deputy CM will hold charge of the Finance Ministry, to be sworn in at 4.30 P.M
- Had few difficulties in recent times,similar to what happened after MGR's demise,but both OPS & EPS came forward to unite party: KP Munusamy
- O.Paneerselvem, three times Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu will hold the position of Deputy CM after the merger while Palaniswami will continue to remain CM.
- 11 member coordination committee will run the party: E Palaniswami
- O.Panneerselvam will be convener for the united AIADMK: TN CM E.Palaniswami after merger
- I will be co-convener. K. P. Munusamy will be deputy co-convener: TN CM E.Palaniswami
- Our first priority will be to retrieve the two leaves symbol. We will fulfill all the promises made by Amma: E Palaniswami after merger
- Amma (Jayalalithaa) has said before that after me AIADMK will last over 100 years. We all will make sure it happens: E Palaniswami.
- Panneerselvam, a former Chief Minister, had revolted against the leadership of jailed party chief V K Sasikala in February last, causing a split in the party.
(WIth inputs from ANI)