With just a day left for Independence Day, it is time to soak in the celebration with some fun and innovative tricolour recipes. Each dish from the chefs has a distinct flavor that will linger in your mouth forever. It is also time to remember the rich and diverse culture of India.
Here are the three tricolour themed dishes to celebrate the spirit of Independence Day:
Orange pistachio white chocolate cremeux
By Chef Kasi Viswanathan, Director- Food & Beverage, Radisson Blu Atria, Bengaluru
Pistachio cremeux (for bottom layer)
l Water - 25 ml
l Castor sugar - 25 ml
l Liquid glucose -25ml
l Gelatin -4grams
l Water for gelatin -20 grams
l Pistachio pure -100 grams
l Whipped cream - 250 grams
Bloom the gelatin with water.
- Bring it to boil sugar, water, glucose, add in to gelatine, in warm temperature mix with pistachio paste.
- Whip the cream, fold it with pistachio mix pour them in to bottom of the glasses.
White chocolate mousse (for middle layer)
l Egg yolk - 2 no’s
l Castor sugar -50 grams
l Water – 40 grams
l Glucose – 20 grams
l Gelatine - 5 grams
l Water for gelatine – 20 grams
l White chocolate - 100 grams
l Butter - 10 grams
l Whipped cream – 200 grams
l Cooking cream – 100 grams
- Bloom the gelatine in water.
- Warm water with glucose, in double boiling beat egg yolk with sugar add it with warm water mixture.
- Melt the chocolate with cream and add the butter. Mix it with egg mixture
- Whip the cream, fold them with chocolate mixture, and pour them in to the middle layer of the glasses.
Orange cremeux (for top layer)
l Tropicana orange juice – 1000 ml
l Castor sugar - 50 grams
l Yolk - 3 no’s
l Water – 100 ml
l Glucose – 20 grams
l Gelatin – 7grams
l Water for gelatin – 20grams
l Orange rind – 1 no
l Whipped cream – 250 grams
l Orange crush – 25 grams
- Bloom the gelatin with water let it side.
- Bring it to boil orange juice, reduce the juice in to 25%. Make it little thick like sauce.
- Warm the water with sugar and glucose, beat the egg yolk with sugar add the warm water mix in to egg yolk with them nicely. Add the gelatin to melt it in the warm water.
- Whip the cream fold them with egg mixture, then with reduced orange juice and with orange crush.
- Pour the mixture in to the top layer of the glasses.
Trio of Mousse
By Chef Vineet Bahuguna, Hilton Garden Inn,New Delhi/Saket
l Egg yolk - 4 no
l Sugar - 50 gms
l Whipped cream - 200 gms
l Wite melted chocolate - 100 gms
l Cooking cream - 70 gms
l Orange puree - 40 gms
l Kiwi puree - 40 gms
- Boil the cooking cream and set aside.
- Mix egg yolk & sugar.
- Add egg yolk & sugar mixture into boiled cooking cream.
- Add white melted chocolate to the mixture.
- Fold the whipped cream gently and mix.
- Divide the mixture into three bowls.
- Add orange puree to one bowl.
- Add Kiwi puree to another and let the third remain as it is.
- Arrange the mixture in tri colour pattern in a serving bowl/glass.
10. Serve Chilled.
11. Garnish with cherry on top.
Black Cod and vegetable Tartar with parsley pesto
By Chef Avanish Jain, Radisson Blu, Faridabad
l Black Cod- 450 gms
l Red Capsicum- 45 gms
l Yellow Capsicum- 45 gms
l Cucumber- 35 gms
l Fried Tofu- 45 gms
l Lemon Zest- 2-3 gms
l Lemon Juice- 10 ml
l Parsley Leaves- 25 gms
l Pine nuts- 5 gms
l Fresh Garlic- 2 gms
l Olive Oil- 15 ml
l Pea Sprout- 2 gms
l Edible Flower- 2 gms
l Salt and Pepper
- Cut black cod, red capsicum, yellow capsicum, tofu, cucumber in cubes.
- Marinate them with salt, pepper, Lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a blender blend parsley with pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil, strain it, adjust seasoning and keep aside.
- Take a square mould, arrange vegetables at the bottom and marinated fish on top, garnish with pea sprouts and edible flower. Serve with Parsley Pesto.
- Very refreshing and healthy Recipe which can be used for any occasion
For in-depth, objective and more importantly balanced journalism, Click here to subscribe to Outlook Magazine