Rahul Gandhi’s ‘Chhatron Ki Goonj’ Reaches Pune, Congress-BJP Trade Charges

O
Outlook News Desk
Curated by: Pranay Vatsa
Published at:

The ‘Chhatron Ki Goonj’ campaign seeks to provide students and young people with a platform to raise concerns over issues including examination irregularities, paper leaks, rising education costs, recruitment problems and unemployment

No Talks Until Pradhan Resigns, PM Apologises for Brutality Against Students: Rahul
Rahul Gandhi
Summary of this article
  • Pawan Khera, Supriya Shrinate and other Congress leaders praised Rahul Gandhi’s Pune outreach.

  • Union Minister Murlidhar Mohol criticised the campaign.

  • The “Chhatron Ki Goonj” campaign seeks to highlight concerns including examination irregularities, paper leaks, education costs, recruitment and unemployment.

Congress leader Pawan Khera on Saturday said Rahul Gandhi’s ‘Chhatron Ki Goonj’ programme had reached Delhi from Pune, claiming the outreach had triggered “panic” in the national capital. The latest edition of the campaign focused on young women and female students, with Congress leaders highlighting issues concerning youth, while Union Minister Murlidhar Mohol criticised the programme and questioned its impact.

Launched by Rahul Gandhi, the ‘Chhatron Ki Goonj’ campaign seeks to provide students and young people with a platform to raise concerns over issues including examination irregularities, paper leaks, rising education costs, recruitment problems and unemployment.

Congress Leaders Back Youth Outreach

Speaking to ANI, Khera said governments should also engage directly with young people, arguing that they have a specific duty towards the youth.

“This ‘Goonj’ has reached Delhi, and the panic in Delhi is visible even before the ‘Goonj’ fully arrived,” Khera said.

Congress leader Supriya Shrinate said women make up half of India’s population and described the campaign as a platform for women to raise their voices.

Former MLA Alka Lamba said the Pune programme was dedicated to female students and alleged that attempts had been made to intimidate participants. She also raised questions over the BJP and RSS’ position on ‘Vande Mataram’.

Congress leader Nana Patole said the gathering reflected the faith placed in Gandhi and claimed that those who had opposed the movement in the past were now opposing his outreach.

Congress leader Vijay Wadettiwar, meanwhile, rejected allegations that people had been paid to attend the event. He said students and young people had gathered to listen to Gandhi and share their concerns.

BJP Criticises Programme

Union Minister Murlidhar Mohol criticised Gandhi’s nationwide outreach, saying it had failed to create an impact. He claimed Pune voters had consistently backed leaders based on their performance and expressed confidence in the work done under Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Mohol also alleged that people were being brought to the programme through payments and influencers, and said the event should not be taken seriously.

Read all the latest breaking news on Outlook India and stay updated with top stories from India, Entertainment, Education, and around the world.

  • image
  • image
  • image
×