Manchester City are reportedly making plans to sign Lionel Messi next year.
Messi, 33, sensationally requested to leave Barcelona during the close season, but ended up staying with the LaLiga giants.
However, the six-time Ballon d'Or winner is out of contract at the end of the season and City continue to eye the star forward.
TOP STORY – MAN CITY CONTINUE TO MAKE MESSI PLANS
Manchester City are making plans to sign Barcelona captain Messi, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The report says the Premier League giants are trying to attract Messi with the idea of playing in England before finishing his career with fellow City Football Group (CFG) club New York City in MLS.
El City prepara dos tentaciones para convencer a Messi— Mundo Deportivo (@mundodeportivo) November 14, 2020
La opción de poder acabar su carrera en la franquicia de Nueva York seduciría a Leohttps://t.co/td5oywSeTP
Messi has been linked with the likes of City, Paris Saint-Germain and Inter previously.
He has six goals in 10 games this season, including three in seven in LaLiga.
Messi's dribbles success rate (56.3) in LaLiga is his lowest since 2015-16, while he is creating just two chances per 90 minutes, his lowest number since 2012-13.
Meanwhile, The Telegraph reports City manager Pep Guardiola is closer to agreeing to a contract extension, with his deal up at the conclusion of the current campaign.
- Barcelona's pursuit of City defender Eric Garcia is seemingly continuing. Sport reports Barca will attempt to sign Garcia again in January, but City still want €15million (£13.5m) for the defender despite his contract expiring at the end of the campaign.
- Also out of contract at the end of the season is Bayern Munich defender David Alaba. Tuttosport says Juventus are considering a move for the Austria international, who has been linked with several European heavyweights.
- Sidelined with a serious knee injury, Ansu Fati's future could be clearer soon. Marca says talks between Barcelona and Fati are on track, even with the 18-year-old forward contracted until 2022.
- Liverpool continue to be linked with defenders after serious injuries to Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez. The Daily Star says the Premier League champions may make a move for Olympiacos and Portugal defender Ruben Semedo in January, although it could cost them £18million (€20.1m).
- After just three Premier League appearances for Chelsea this season, Marcos Alonso again being linked with a move. The Daily Mail reports Crystal Palace are looking at the left-back.
For in-depth, objective and more importantly balanced journalism, Click here to subscribe to Outlook Magazine