August 02, 2021
Home  »  Website  »  Arts & Entertainment  »  Sylvester Stallone Won’t Face Sexual Assault Charges

Sylvester Stallone Won’t Face Sexual Assault Charges

Sylvester Stallone won't be prosecuted for 1990 rape claim after prosecutors in California found there was 'insufficient evidence'

Google + Linkedin Whatsapp
Follow Outlook India On News
Sylvester Stallone Won’t Face Sexual Assault Charges
Sylvester Stallone won't be prosecuted for 1990 rape claim
Sylvester Stallone Won’t Face Sexual Assault Charges
outlookindia.com
2018-11-01T11:26:52+05:30

No sex crime charges will be filed against Hollywood star Sylvester Stallone for a rape claim that dates back to 1990. In 2017, an unidentified victim said Stallone assaulted her in the early 1990s. The Rocky star said the allegation was "completely fabricated". None of the witnesses provided by the alleged victim corroborated her allegations

The County District Attorney's office here declined on Tuesday to file rape charges against Stallone. According to a release, a woman recently reported to Santa Monica police that Stallone assaulted her in 1987 and 1990. The woman said she and Stallone had a consensual relationship in 1987.

The woman also provided witnesses who she said she told of the assaults at the time. However, according to the District Attorney's office, those witnesses did not corroborate the woman's account. Investigators were not able to find any other corroboration for her claims.

The case was rejected due to insufficient evidence, and because it falls well outside the statute of limitations, variety.com reported. Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey established a task force to review Hollywood sex crimes allegations a year ago. So far, the task force has not filed any charges, with most of the allegations being too old to bring a case.

IANS


For in-depth, objective and more importantly balanced journalism, Click here to subscribe to Outlook Magazine
Next Story >>
Google + Linkedin Whatsapp

The Latest Issue

Outlook Videos