Indian cricket team made history on Monday by registering the first ever Test series win in Australia. The fifth day's play of the fourth and final Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground was abandoned due to inclement weather.
But with wins at Adelaide and Melbourne, Virat Kohli & Co retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2-1, thus ending a 71-year wait.
It is a rare first Down Under for India since Lala Amarnath's side visited the country back in 1947-48 months after independence to face Sir Don Bradman's 'Invincibles'.
Here's a look at India's Test Series in Australia:
1. 1947-48: India lost 0-4 in five-match series
2. 1967-68: India lost 0-4 in four-match series
3. 1977-78: India lost 2-3 in five-match series
4. 1980-81: 1-1 in three-match series
5. 1985-86: 0-0 in three-match series
6. 1991-92: India lost 0-4 in five-match series
7. 1999-00: India lost 0-3 in three-match series
8. 2003-04: 1-1 in four-match series
9. 2007-08: India lost 1-2 in four-match series
10. 2011-12: India lost 0-4 in four-match series
11. 2014-15: India lost 0-2 in four-match series
12. 2018-19: India won 2-1 in four-match series
List of India's Test wins:
1. At Melbourne Cricket Ground, by 222 runs in 1977
Sunil Gavaskar hit a brilliant 118 in the second innings before the famed spin pair of B S Chandrasekhar and Bishen Singh Bedi took six and four wickets each to bundle out Australia for 164 runs. Chandrasekhar had a 12-wicket haul in the match.
Scores: India - 256 and 343; Australia - 213 and 164
2. At Sydney Cricket Ground, by an innings and 2 runs in 1978
This is one of India's greatest Test wins, courtesy an all-round performance. Indian spinners destroyed Australia after everyone scored runs.
Scores: Australia - 131 and 263; India - 396/8 declared
3. At Melbourne Cricket Ground, by 59 runs in 1981
Gundappa Viswanath and Allan Border scored hundreds, but Kapil Dev proved to the difference between the two sides as the legendary all-rounder cleaned up the Aussie tail. India bowled Australia out for 83 in the fourth innings.
Scores: India - 237 and 324; Australia - 419 and 83.
4. At Adelaide Oval by 4 wickets in 2003
Australia rode on Ricky Ponting's magnificent 242 to post massive 556. But India responded with a par score of 523 with Rahul Dravid (233) and VVS Laxman (148) taking on the Aussie bowlers. Then Ajit Agarkar took a six-wicket haul to dismiss the Aussies for 196 in the third innings.
Scores: Australia - 556 and 196; India - 523 and 233/6
5. At WACA Ground by 72 runs in 2008
India found an unlikely hero in Irfan Pathan, who five wickets and scored 74 runs in the match. Dravid missed out a hundred in the first innings, getting out at 93.
Scores: India - 330 and 294; Australia - 212 and 340
6. At Adelaide Oval by 31 runs in 2018
Cheteshwar Pujara scored 123 and 71 to set up a memorable win. Jasprit Bumrah and Ravichandran Ashwin took six wickets each in the match.
Scores: India - 250 and 307; Australia - 235 and 291.
7. At Melbourne Cricket Ground, by 137 runs in 2018
Pujara scored another hundred (106) and Jasprit Bumrah took career-best 6-for to set up a 137-run win.
Scores: India - 443/7 & 106/8; Australia - 151/10 & 261/10