"The talk was successful," said Test and T20 captain Shakib Al Hasan.
"The BCB (Bangladesh Cricket Board) president and directors, who were here, heard our demands and they assured us they will meet them at the quickest possible time.”
The India tour was in doubt with the cricketers having had called a strike on Monday (October 21) after putting up an 11-point demand. Things seemed to get worse as the players added two more demands to that list and sent it to the board for consideration on Wednesday. However, the BCB officials were adamant to sort out the issue as quickly as possible. As a result, cricket is set to resume with the National Cricket League starting next week, while the national players will take part in the preparatory camp for the India series that is scheduled to begin from October 25.
"We have agreed to meet up most of their demands," BCB chief Nazmul Hasan said.
"We had earlier decided to cancel the third round of the NCL, but as the players decided to play we have shifted it to next Saturday. The national camp will start from October 25," he said, ending all speculations hovering around the upcoming India tour that is scheduled to start from November 3.
"They had sent 11 demands where BCB had nothing to do with the CWAB related demand while we have decided to agree on the remaining demands apart from the one where it was stated that players will be allowed to play in more than two franchise-based tournaments," he said. "I don't think there are many players who are offered more than two franchise-based tournaments and we will take the decision regarding participation of them in the franchise-based cricket on a case-to-case basis,'' he said.
Bangladesh national and first-class players had announced a strike calling for better pay and benefits.
Shakib led the revolt, with all the star players joining the unprecedented protests.
Their demands were a 50 percent pay hike for first-class players, the expansion of national pay contracts, increased match fees in domestic four-day and 50-over games, and better benefits for grounds staff.
But in his first reaction after the strike, the BCB's president Nazmul Hassan had called it a "conspiracy" unrelated to pay.
For in-depth, objective and more importantly balanced journalism, Click here to subscribe to Outlook Magazine