Pakistan's ambassador in Kuwait has said that Kuwait hasn't placed any visa ban on Pakistani nationals, reported Kheleej Times.
Majority of newspapers had carried a news agency story that Kuwait has banned nationals from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan. It claimed that the ban included on-tourism, visit and trade visas as well as visas sponsored by spouses. The report said the Kuwaiti government told would-be migrants from the five banned nations to not apply for visas, as it is worried about the possible migration of radical Islamic terrorists.
A Geo TV report quoted Ghulam Dastagir as saying that news on social media about the ban was baseless.
The news report, which came close on the heels of the US President Donald Trump's executive order banning seven Muslim-majority countries last Friday, was reported widely quoting Sputnik International report.
Under the executive order signed by Trump, refugees from all over the world will be denied US entry for 120 days while all immigration from so-called "countries with terror, which was partially stayed by the court.
Kuwait was the only nation to prohibit the entry of Syrian nationals prior to Trump's executive action. Kuwait City previously issued a suspension of visas for all Syrians in 2011.
A group of militants bombed a Shia mosque in 2015, killing 27 Kuwaiti nationals. A 2016 survey conducted by Expat Insider ranked Kuwait one of the worst nations in the world for expatriates, primarily due to its strict cultural laws.