You will have to pay more for certain items such as imported medical equipment, tableware/kitchenware made of porcelain or China ceramic, clay iron among others as announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in Union Budget 2020-21.
However, certain items such as raw sugar, agro-animal based products, soya fibre and soya protein will now become cheaper as the Finance Minister has proposed withdrawal of customs duty exemption.
Here’s a list of items that will become expensive and cheaper:
- Imported Medical Equipment
- Imported Tableware/kitchenware made of porcelain or China ceramic
- Clay iron
- Catalytic converters
- Parts of commercial vehicles, other than electric vehicles
- Cigarettes and Tobacco Products
- Imported Wall Fans
- Raw sugar
- Agro-based Animal Products
- Skimmed Milk
- Tuna Bait
- Certain Alcoholic Beverages
- Soya Fibre and Soya Protein