In The Ancients, Bhutan Diaries, Serena Chopra embarks on a 12-year journey of discovery of the Land of the Thunder Dragon. From Laya in the north to Merak Sakten in the east, from Haa in the west to Samchi in the south, the author endures the harshest conditions through remotest regions to get an exquisite glimpse of this country tucked away in the eastern end of the Himalayas. The iconic 130 medium-format photographs lovingly document the real Bhutan with references to the Yak Cham or Yak dance in Merak Sakten that re-enacts the story of the eastern Brokpa tribe and their origins. Chopra skilfully juxtaposes her diaries and photographs to create a visual journey sharing a decade of her engagement with Bhutan.
An Immersion Into Drukyul
Glimpses from a journey of discovery in the Land of the Thunder Dragon.
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Centre 'Within Their Rights' To Reject K.M Joseph: SC
- West Bengal Panchayat Elections On May 14
- Cash Crunch: I-T Department Seizes Rs 14.48 Cr Cash From Hoarders
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Raping Girls No Sin For 'Brahmgyani' Like Him, Believed Self-Styled Godman Asaram
- 13 Children Killed As Train Hits School Bus At Unmanned Railway Crossing In Uttar Pradesh
- Congress, BJP Join Hands To Rule District Council in Mizoram After Election Throws Fractured Mandate
- Not Elevating Uttarakhand Chief Justice K.M Joseph To SC Exposes Modi’s ‘Revenge Politics’: Congress
- Guilty Of Rape Of Minor, Self-Styled Godman Asaram Sentenced To Life In Jail
- Donald Trump Plans To End Work Permits For H-1B Visa Holders' Spouses, Could Hit Thousands Of Indians
- Gautam Gambhir Mocks Shahid Afridi For His Comments On Kashmir
- 'Will Keep Building Infrastructure In Doklam, India Should Not Comment': China