Tottenham have been linked with a host of big names as their search for a new head coach continues, but could they be set to turn to a familiar face? (More Football News)
Spurs dismissed Jose Mourinho last month amid an underwhelming campaign where they fell off the top-four pace in the Premier League, as well as crashing out of Europe to Dinamo Zagreb despite having led 2-0 from the first leg.
With speculation mounting around superstar forward Harry Kane's desire to leave, Spurs are getting busy.
TOP STORY - SPURS PLOT POCHETTINO RETURN
The Sun reports that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will consider if he can convince former boss Mauricio Pochettino to complete an astonishing return to the club.
Pochettino, who took Spurs to the 2019 Champions League final, is currently in charge of Paris Saint-Germain, who finished Ligue 1 runners-up on the weekend.
The Sun claims that Pochettino is unhappy in Paris and would consider heading back to north London, where he was sacked in November 2019 after a poor run of results.
Sky Sports also reports that Spurs are in talks with Belgium head coach Roberto Martinez.
Mauricio Pochettino could make a shock return to Tottenham this summer - and could convince Harry Kane to stay #THFCpic.twitter.com/RCay5xebaI— Sun Sport (@SunSport) May 25, 2021
- Fresh from winning the Serie A title, Antonio Conte and Inter could split by mutual consent according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. Inter are trying to cut their salary bill, offloading key members and restricting their off-season business, with those details not yet agreed with Conte.
- Sport claims that Barcelona have stepped up their pursuit of off-contract Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum and they are close to a three-year agreement after his representative met with president Joan Laporta.
- Wolves are ready to sell midfielder Ruben Neves as they look to fund a rebuild after Nuno Espirito Santo's exit, according to The Athletic. They want £35million for the Portugal international.
- Sky Sports reports that Willian wants to return to Chelsea, barely a year after leaving the Blues for London rivals Arsenal.
- Bild claims that RB Leipzig defender Nordi Mukiele is being chased by Paris Saint-Germain and Spanish champions Atletico Madrid.
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen wants to stay with Barcelona and is not considering any other option with Borussia Dortmund not pursuing him, claims Fabrizio Romano.
To be 100% clear about this one. Marc ter Stegen will not leave Barcelona this summer. He’s staying and he’s not considering any other option - same for BVB. #FCB https://t.co/GWMFgPkNFX— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) May 25, 2021