With the number of coronavirus cases rising to 343 in the state, the Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday said all COVID-19 hotspots in 15 districts will be sealed till April 15. Hotspots are places from where a cluster of coronavirus cases have been reported.
The sealing will begin at midnight and essential items will be home delivered in these areas.
Here are the things you should know about the sealing:
• The districts to be sealed are Lucknow, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Ghaziabad, Sitapur, Kanpur, Agra, Ferozabad, Bareilly, Meerut, Shamli, Saharanpur, Bulandshahr, Varanasi, Maharajganj and Basti
• There are 22 hotspots in Agra,13 in Ghaziabad, 12 in Gautam Buddha Nagar, 12 in Kanpur, 4 in Varanasi, 3 in Shamli, 7 in Meerut, 1 in Bareilly, 3 in Bulandshahr, 3 in Basti, 3 in Firozabad, 4 in Saharanpur, 4 in Maharajganj, 1 in Sitapur, and 8 big and 4 small in Lucknow, said Aditional Chief Secretary (Home)
• The government will ensure doorstep delivery of all essential commodities for the residents and no one will be allowed to step out of their house.
• Only medical teams will be allowed in these areas
• All grocery and vegetable shops, petrol pumps, banks and ATMs will remain closed
• Wearing masks has been made compulsory and action could be taken against violators
• Intensive sanitization work will be undertaken in the areas identified as hotspots
• Vehicular movement will be completely banned in the sealed areas
• Journalists and photojournalists will also not be allowed in these areas.
For in-depth, objective and more importantly balanced journalism, Click here to subscribe to Outlook Magazine