Advertisement
Wednesday, Dec 01, 2021
Outlook.com
Outlook.com

Need To Change Education System, Not Film Title: Emraan Hashmi On CBFC Order

Actor Emraan Hashmi has criticised the Central Board of Film Certification's order to rename his forthcoming film from 'Cheat India' to 'Why Cheat India'.

Need To Change Education System, Not Film Title: Emraan Hashmi On CBFC Order
| Courtesy: Twitter
Need To Change Education System, Not Film Title: Emraan Hashmi On CBFC Order
outlookindia.com
2019-01-15T13:41:49+05:30

Actor Emraan Hashmi has criticised the Central Board of Film Certification's order to rename his forthcoming film from "Cheat India" to "Why Cheat India". The actor said that instead of changing the title, we need to change the education system of the country.

Hashmi was interacting with the media to promote "Why Cheat India" along with his co-actress Shreya Dhanwanthary on Monday.

The film's title was reportedly changed after an objection from the CBFC.

Reacting to the change, Hashmi said, "Now they (CBFC) have directed us and we have changed title of the film. We are a little upset that they have told us to do that just seven days before the release of the film. They approved the title when we released the promo of the film and now, while giving censor certificate to the film, they had issue with the title of the film."

He added that the Indian audience is sensible enough to know what is good and what is bad in the film.

"It's a little saddening because we were working towards the release of the film and now, suddenly we are changing the title of the film. They thought that 'Cheat India' is a negative title so, they suggested us to change it to 'Why Cheat India' as they felt that it will bring positivity to the title. But I feel you should know that our audience is sensible enough to know what is good and what is bad."

Hashmi added that instead of changing the title of a film we should rectify the issues of the educational system.

"Cheating mafias are cheating in our country and that's why we kept the title 'Cheat India'. It is very easy to change the title of the film but I think more than changing the title of a certain film, we need to change the system, then the youth of this generation will have a brighter future."

Talking about the loopholes in the education system he said, "I have learned a few things in my school life as a student but there are lots of things which I haven't learnt during that period."

"We concentrate on mugging rather than understanding a subject. In colleges, our faculties are unqualified or they are disinterested in teaching. We have limited seats in educational institutes where the huge number of students pass out from schools and colleges every year."

The actor added that he didn't know that the cheating mafia is organized crime in the country.

"I knew about cheating mafias but I didn't know it's such a huge organised crime. In every state of the country, there is the existence of cheating mafias. We give 60 per cent reservation in educational institutes so, in the remaining  40 per cent, if we start giving seats to undeserving students then where will deserving students go? I thought it's a very important issue and somebody needs to make a film on a subject like this so that people will become aware of such practices."

Hashmi said they want the film to get tax-free status in cinemas.

The film will hit cinemas this Friday.

IANS

Advertisement

Outlook Newsletters

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Read More from Outlook

How Parag Agrawal Obsessively Focused On Controlling Hate Speech As Twitter CTO

How Parag Agrawal Obsessively Focused On Controlling Hate Speech As Twitter CTO

After taking over as CTO of Twitter, Parag Agrawal’s main focus was on using AI and ML to identify hate speech and bots that were used to spread misinformation through the microblogging site.

'Omicron Virus' Or 'South Africa Variant'? Here's What Not To Call New Covid-19 Strain

'Omicron Virus' Or 'South Africa Variant'? Here's What Not To Call New Covid-19 Strain

The Omicron variant of Covid-19 has led to several discussions on WHO's method of naming virus variants on Greek alphabets. But terms like 'South Africa virus' have remained in use.

IPL 2022 Retention: Who Stays And Who Goes - Full List

IPL 2022 Retention: Who Stays And Who Goes - Full List

IPL Retention list was replete with full of expected names but there were some big omissions too. The mega auction will have a massive pool of stars that teams can now choose from.

Kashmir: Why Is BJP Predicting Doomsday For J&K 2 Years After Article 370 Abrogation

Kashmir: Why Is BJP Predicting Doomsday For J&K 2 Years After Article 370 Abrogation

The statement, issued by senior BJP leader of J&K Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo, raises concern for minorities living in Kashmir Valley.

Advertisement