Dear Mr. Tata,
I welcome your joining this debate. It is an important one and needs to be settled in full public view. Unfortunately, your response is a typical one that ducks the main issues and instead attempts to shoot the messenger!
I am only disappointed, but no longer surprised, that in sharp contrast to my efforts to go out of the way to keep this debate relating to facts and policy discussions – your letter is intensely personal, attributes feeble motives (including amusing Political ones) and most unbecoming of the House of Tatas. I can only think that this is a lapse in good judgment. I particularly find your self-appointed defence of the Prime Minister and Government very irrelevant.
Nevertheless, I promise to keep my response dignified and steadfastly refuse to fall to your level of personal attacks.
On facts, your letter is not just exceptionally weak, but in fact, refuses to engage on the issues that I had raised – the yawning gap between what you say in public and what your companies do. While those remain unanswered, I will certainly reply shortly with my response. I promise to rebut your allegations, claims and innuendo – chapter and verse in the public domain.
Member of Parliament
09 December, 2010
'A Lapse In Good Judgment'
First came the Radia tapes. Then, a Rajeev Chandrasekhar 09 December 2010
Dear Mr. Tata,
- Bengal Doctors' Strike Prompts Solidarity Protests Across Country
- SEBI Bars NDTV Promoters Prannoy Roy, Radhika From Securities Markets For 2 Years
- Is Mamata Banerjee Losing The Plot? Anti-Mamataism Fast Becoming A State Of Bengali Mind
- 70 Million Indians Are Suffering From Rare Genetic Diseases. It's Time We Raise Awareness
- CWC 2019: Root, Pacers Power England To Big Win Over Windies
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- In Girish Karnad's Death, My Lear Has Passed Away
- In Azim Premji, India Has Its Own Andrew Carnegie, The Man Who Donated 90% Of His Wealth
- Time Opposition Parties Revisited Their Founding Principles To Find How Far Or Close They Are To Them
- LS Polls In J&K: Uncles, Aunties And Engineer Rasheed
- Nitish Saw Modi Wave Coming, Made Amends In Time To Return To NDA
- Agitating Bengal Doctors Set 6 Conditions To End Stir, Seek Mamata Banerjee's Apology
- ICC World Cup 2019: India Leads The World In Protecting Cricket Fields From Rains
- WATCH | Pakistan PM Imran Khan Trolled Over Seating Gaffe At SCO Summit
- 'Metro Man' Sreedharan Writes To PM Modi Against Delhi Govt's Free Travel Scheme For Women
- 5 Killings In 24 Hours: Delhi CM Kejriwal Appeals To LG, Home Ministry Over Law And Order Situation
- Row Erupts Over Southern Railway Circular Making English, Hindi Mandatory
- Black Box Of IAF AN-32 Aircraft Recovered
- Those Living In Bengal Will Have To Learn To Speak In Bengali: Mamata Banerjee
- India Vs New Zealand, ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, Trent Bridge, Highlights: Match Abandoned Due To Incessant Rain
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, IND Vs NZ: Very Bad News! India, New Zealand Likely To Share Points
- India Vs New Zealand, ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Rain Check! Here's How Much An Abandoned Match Will Cost Virat Kohli & Co
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, AUS Vs PAK: This Killer Expression Shows The Pain Of Every Pakistani Fan – VIDEO
- How Much Would You Pay For A Kidney?
- 'Liberty Of Citizen Is Sacrosanct, Non-Negotiable': SC Orders Release Of Journalist Prashant Kanojia
- 'Why Is He Sweating On A Chilly Morning': How Chief Investigator In Kathua Case Nabbed The Mastermind
- Congress Post-Mortem Of Lok Sabha Poll Debacle Turns Into Slanging Matches