Raju Srivastav has been the face of Indian stand-up comedy for years. The legendary comedian and actor has made us laugh many times through his standup acts and characters in films and shows. He was well known for his observational comedy making his humour relatable and he was a hard worker constantly trying to better his punch lines and comic timing.
His last work was Zee5’s film 'Kanjoos Makhichoos' where he played a corrupted government official sharing screen space with Kunal Kemmu. The film was released recently months after his death and his fans were elated to see their favourite comedian on-screen deliver a master performance.
Here are 5 times when the ace comedian left a mark:
- Raju Srivastav is seen on screen for the very last time playing a government officer in 'Kanjoos Makhichoos' which was recently released on Zee5. He impresses us like always with his perfect comic timing, typical Uttar Pradesh accent and mannerisms!
- Raju Srivastav became a fan favourite with his character as Gajodhar Bhaiya from the show ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge’. People to date share the clips of this iconic character!
- Raju Srivastav played the character of a local don ‘Baba Chin Chin Choo’ in the film 'Aamdani Atthani Kharcha Rupaiyaa'. This epic character left no stone unturned to make the audience laugh.
- Raju Srivastav has impressed us time and again with his spot-on mimicry of Amitabh Bachchan. And enacting it in front of the legend himself is not an easy feat to achieve and Raju Srivastav achieved this very seamlessly.
- Raju Srivastav was seen in his biggest role as a servant in the film ‘Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon’ alongside some of the biggest actors like Hrithik Roshan, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Abhishek Bachchan. His fun camaraderie With Kareena Kapoor Khan was heartwarming and entertaining to watch!
Check out these fine performances of the late actor Raju Srivastav and celebrate his legacy