Niira Radia: Hello
Ratnam: Yeah, morning Madam.
Niira Radia: haan, haan namaskaaraa
Ratnam: Madam (Rajathiammal, third “wife” of Karunanidhi and mother of DMK MP, Kanimozhi) baat karna chahti hai
Niira Radia: Haan, haan, diijiiye
Ratnam: de duun?
Niira Radia: haan haan, please ok (whispers to someone nearby: Karunanidhi ke ghar se)— call is being transferred (she takes a deep breath: "oh I am so sorry") call connects— Hello how are you?
Rajathiammal: Hello, I am fine, how are you
Niira Radia: I am so sorry, I'm fine, I have not been in touch, I am busy! How are you?
Rajathiammal: Hmmmm fine.
Niira Radia: Yeah, keeping better?
Niira Radia: Good, good, good. How is CM (Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi)
Rajathiammal: (mumbles) aahhh fine fine
Niira Radia: OK. Good, very good. Kani (Kanimozhi), Kani, I met last week, I didn’t meet her this week. Kani is in Chennai?
Rajathiammal: ahh yes.
Niira Radia: She's come back no? How are things? (Rajathi mumbles again) Good. How are things?
Rajathiammal: mumbles something inaudible
Niira Radia: Haan? (silence for sometime)
Rajathiammal: (barely managing to blurt out:) what happened?
Niira Radia: To?
Niira Radia: Tata?
Rajathiammal: Ah, yes
Niira Radia: Not done?
Rajathiammal: No, not done
Niira Radia: Ratnam there?
Niira Radia: I will talk, let me speak to him. I thought it was all done
Rajathiammal: (voice low) yes, ummm (hands over to Ratnam)
Niira Radia: Hi Ratnam
Ratnam: Hi Madam
Niira Radia: What happened its not done?
Ratnam: No Madam, it's not done. That's why I just gave you a message, no madam.
Niira Radia: I didn’t get a message.
Niira Radia: I got a new mobile, you know I changed my mobile. I thought you got my mobile. You don’t have my new mobile number?
Ratnam: I am talking to you on that mobile only na? Same mobile he (?) also tried no?
Niira Radia: No, no, this is my regular mobile, this is my 107. The other one, my indicom, my indicom
Ratnam: Tata Indicom ... You've changed your mobile ma'm?
Niira Radia: Yeah 0925000
Niira Radia: 8888
Ratnam: No, this (new number) has not been given to us.
Niira Radia: No, no, I had told Cecilia last week itself. I said please send it.
Ratnam: You know Cecelia is totally ... last one week, has not been in touch.
Niira Radia: No, no, I will tell you why. Her mother, her mother’s is in hospital.
Ratnam: yeah, that I know.
Niira Radia: She’s been very sick. So that’s why Cecilia has been a little problematic.
Ratnam: ummm, ummmm. But you said no, you yourself had done.
Niira Radia: Yeah!
Ratnam: But that has not come. That’s why I sent a message.
Niira Radia: (short silence) I cant believe it, is it?
Ratnam: Yeah madam, yeah madam
Niira Radia: That can’t be possible
Ratnam: No ma'm, it has not come.
Niira Radia: (short silence) What about Tatas? What's happening on that?
Ratnam: Ma'm, Tata everything’s ok, but this rent 50 percent, yesterday I got a mail, that’s why yesterday also I tried you.
Niira Radia: Haan.
Ratnam: This agreement, they say that 50 percent of the rent has to be paid by us. For which I have already sent a mail to Krishna Kumar [Krishna Kumar, Director, Tata Sons, and one of key aides of Ratan Tata, and also Chairman, Tata Realty and Infrastructure Ltd] stating that its not possible. Then I made a call to Krishna Kumar, he did not picked up (sic) and then I called Sanjay Ubhalia (Managing Director, Tata Realty and Infrastructure ltd)
Niira Radia: Haan.
Ratnam: He says that he will take up the issue with Krishna Kumar and sort it out.
Niira Radia: No, but when you were in Bombay, it was agreed that no rent and—
Ratnam: Everything was clearly agreed and Krishna Kumar also said that he will talk to Voltas(a Tata Group company) and he will waive that. But yesterday I tried ten times to call Krishna Kumar and he didn’t pick up, and he was in a meeting it seems.
Niira Radia: No, No yesterday there was a board meeting of Indian Hotels and the annual results were being announced, and also they were in the middle of buying Sea Rock Hotel in Bombay, you know?
Niira Radia: So that’s why it was very difficult to reach him yesterday.
Ratnam: yeah, yeah, that’s why I called you , I wanted to tell you this yesterday.
Niira Radia: No, I will speak to him, ahh Ratnam, I will speak to him Monday, because you know today he is not there, he has gone with the Chairman (Ratan Tata). I hope he hasn’t gone, he was supposed to travel to the US today
Ratnam: Who, mam'?
Niira Radia: Krishna Kumar was supposed to travel to US today.
Ratnam: No ma'm, only one day, Thursday only he come back, na madam?
Niira Radia: No, no, he has gone again. He is going with his Chairman today.
Ratnam: Is it, ma'm? Yeah, yeah, he was scheduled to travel this morning by Air India
Niira Radia: Let me check, let me check. I will have a word with ma'm. But on the other matter I am surrprised!
Ratnam: Yes, Ma'm, that’s why I am repeatedly calling Cecilia, and that mobile is totally switched off.
Niira Radia: ummmmm ahhhh, let me talk to her. I will talk to her and, you got my other number na?
Ratnam: I got your number, that number is now your....
Niira Radia: Yeah, yeah, do me a favour Ratnam. Give me a missed call on that number from your phone.
Ratnam: yeah, yeah
You don’t have any other phone Ratnam?
Ratnam: I have Madam. Give me a missed call from that number na, which is...
#50 Rajathi Ammal: Jun 13, 2009 11:47:40
Third “wife” of Karunanidhi and mother of DMK MP, Kanimozhi on the Voltas connection and building on TRIL land
Niira Radia: Hello
- Ayodhya Verdict: Ram Lalla Gets Ownership Of Disputed Land, Muslims To Be Given Alternate Land
- Ayodhya Land Dispute Case: The 5-Judge Bench That Pronounced Historic Verdict
- Title Suit Vs Forgotten Crime
- PM Modi To Inaugurate Kartarpur Corridor Today, First Batch Of Indian Pilgrims To Depart
- Ayodhya Verdict: A Timeline Of Ramjanbhommi-Babri Masjid Land Dispute
- Domestic Violence Can Be Isolated, Repetitive Or Even Span Generations
- Bollywood’s Double Whammy For Bald People Is Regressive, Not Cool
- When Asked To Bend, We Turned To Kafka, George Orwell
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Fadnavis Quits As Maha CM, Says Sena Responsible For Deadlock
- 'Govt Compromising Lives Of Gandhi Family': Congress Hits Out After SPG Security Removal
- NDA Govt Can't Take Credit For Ayodhya verdict, Says Uddhav Thackeray
- Moody's Lowers India's Outlook To 'Negative'
- Nadal 'Fighting' To End 2019 As Number One Ahead Of Djokovic
- WATCH: Virender Sehwag Compares Rohit Sharma To Sachin Tendulkar
- CJI Meets UP Officials To Review Situation Ahead Of Ayodhya Verdict
- Why Are Some Indians Boycotting Twitter And Switching To Mastodon
- IND Vs BAN, 2nd T20I: Harsha Bhogle Trolls Rohit Sharma Mercilessly For His 'Ben Stokes' Expression - WATCH
- Australia vs Pakistan, 3rd T20, Perth, Highlights: Clinical AUS Seal Series With Thumping Win
- Maharashtra Live Updates: 'CM's Post Was Promised In Shah's Presence, Can't Stand Being Called Liar,' Says Thackeray
- IND Vs BAN, 2nd T20I: Rohit Sharma Becomes First Batsman To Score 2500 Runs In Cricket's Shortest Format
- Death Of Al-Baghdadi A Blow To IS, But It Has Survived Other Losses
- JJP Was & Will Remain BJP's 'B-team': Congress Sharpens Attack On Dushyant Chautala
- CM Fadnavis, Sena Leader Raote Separately Meet Governor Amid Maha Power Tussle
- Kashmir: 20 Civilians Injured As Militants Hurl Grenade At Bus Stand In Sopore