Thin RFID tags help drivers zip through toll booths, hospitals locate tools and supermarkets track their stock. Tags are in some identity documents, airline baggage tags and even amusement park wristbands.
The White House, however, defended the presidential decision, acknowledging that it was a split recommendation from Biden’s advisors and generals.
The Taliban challenged the credentials of the ambassador from Afghanistan's former government, which they ousted on August 15, and asked to represent the country at the assembly's high-level General Debate.
US forces will end their combat mission in Iraq by the end of this year, but will continue to train and advise the Iraqi military.
The world will need to engage with the Taliban to some extent, despite disappointment with the new all-Taliban Cabinet that defied earlier promises it would be inclusive.
DHS said in the latest updated released Wednesday that 17% of those arrivals are U.S. citizens and permanent residents who were in Afghanistan when the government there fell to the Taliban. The remaining 83% are a mix of people.
Frightened and desperate, the girls worry whether a far-flung coalition of former US military and intelligence officials, congressmen, US allies, humanitarian groups and the captain of the Afghanistan women's national team can get them and their loved ones to safety.
Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla is among the few foreign officials to be in town and the highest level Indian official to meet top officials of the Biden administration after the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan.
Hundreds of American troops are currently in Pakistan capital Islamabad on their transit from Afghanistan to the US.
Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) spokesperson Rakesh Tikait at Ghazipur border after a bill to cancel the three contentious farm laws was passed during the Winter Session of the Parliament, in New Delhi.PTI Photo/Kamal Kishore
Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar during the Winter Session of Parliament, in New Delhi.PTI Photo/Kamal Singh
India's captain Ajinkya Rahane speaks to on field umpires as after they stopped play at the end of the fifth day their first test cricket match with New Zealand in Kanpur.AP Photo/Altaf Qadri
New Zealand's Ajaz Patel is beaten by a delivery bowled by India's Ravindra Jadeja during the day five of their first test cricket match in Kanpur.AP Photo/Altaf Qadri
India's players celebrate the wicket of New Zealand's Tim Southee during the day five of their first test cricket match with New Zealand in Kanpur.AP Photo/Altaf Qadri
Every act of dissent is an art. Of pain and pathos. Of hope and new dawn. It’s their story. It’s everyone’s story.
Dissent is less about material gains than the intangibles they leave us with.
For India’s manual scavengers, mere existence is a protest, because they need to fight just to reclaim their humanity and dignity.
While everyone is going gaga over actress Katrina Kaif in the revamped version of 'Tip Tip Barsa Pani', the replacement of Raveena Tandon does point towards the problem of sexism and ageism in the Indian film industry
Australia winning the T20 World Cup for the first time has been timely as they host the next edition at their own backyard in 2022.
As per the Observer Research Foundation, close to 250 million children in India were adversely affected due to school closures due to the early lockdowns imposed by the government in response to Covid-19.
India's cricket administrators showed more drive to boost BCCI's coffers rather than take care of players' welfare during pandemic times.