World Will Be Safer And More Peaceful If More Number Of Countries Are Led By Women: Dalai Lama
Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama batted for more women leadership saying that they will make the world more peaceful as women are more sensitive of other’s sufferings.
According to a report in The New Indian Express, he said that a woman has to play a key role in the promotion of deeper human values, compassion and love in all spheres of activities.
The octogenarian was addressing a gathering of around 12,000 women delegates at the first National Women’s Parliament held in Amaravati. The event was conducted with theme empowering women for nation-building.
Women are more able than men, when it comes to promotion of compassion and love, he said, observing that the existing education system needs to be revamped to bring about a change in the male-dominated society. “Unlike children, who are innocent, honest and sincere, grownups are more concerned about material world and lay less emphasis on basic human values. In order to produce whole hearted humans with compassion, changes in education system is needed,” he explained.
He said he learnt compassion and love from his mother, who had never showed him an angry face. He said it is mother, women who teach compassion to the world. “Compared to man, women are made to teach compassion and love,” he said and opined world would be at peace and safer if more number of the existing 200 countries are led by women.
The 14th Dalai Lama has already declared that his successor could possibly be a woman. A self-proclaimed feminist, the Budhist monk even courted controversy after telling a BBC journalist that his woman successor must not just be loving and affectionate but should also be “attractive”.
- Dy SP Pandith Lynching: Two Arrested
- ISRO's PSLV-C38, With 31 Satellites, Blasts Off From Sriharikota
- US Approves Sale of 22 Guardian Drones to India
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED