Andhra Pradesh Police Arrest Man For Posting Content Critical Of CM Chandrababu Naidu On Facebook
The Andhra Pradesh police has on Friday morning arrested a person for posting content on social media that is critical of chief minister Chandrababu Naidu and his son and minister Nara Lokesh.
Inturi Ravi Kiran has been active on social media with his page 'Political Punch' that regularly posts satirical videos, cartoons and other content that is mostly about deriding the Naidu family, apart from mocking the TDP government's decisions and actions.
The Naidu government has been mulling a regulatory mechanism to control such social media content which, it opines, is supported by the opposition YSRCP and is unduly critical of his administration.
After becoming the IT minister in his father's cabinet a few days back, Lokesh is said to have suggested to the ministers to complian to police against posts targetting them personally or professionally.
However, more than any other minister, it is Lokesh, who, with his regular gaffes and poor oratory skills, has become the popular subject for the social media memes.
Though the police have not confirmed the arrest, Sujana, wife of Kiran, is quoted by Sakshi (a Telugu paper run by YSRCP chief Jagan Mohan Reddy) as saying that her husband was picked up by the Police in the wee hours from outskirts of Hyderabad and was taken to an undisclosed location.
- AAP's Dilip Pandey Quits Party
- Dhinakaran Sent to 5 Days Police Custody
- J&K Government Bans 22 Social Networking Sites Citing Their Misuse
- BCCI Loses Revenue And Governance Vote
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- ICC Meet: BCCI Loses Both Revenue And Governance Vote
- Shah Rejects TMC's Charge Of Its Leaders Being "Framed"
- BJP To Delve Into Mehbooba's Proposal To Counsel Youths: Shah
- Dhinakaran Used 'Illegal Channels' to Send Bribe Money to Delhi: Cops
- AAP's Delhi Unit Convenor Dilip Pandey Quits Over MCD Poll Result
- Jadhav Case: India Hands Over Mother's Appeal to Pakistan
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Patanjali's Amla Juice Found Unfit For Consumption, Defence Department Suspends Sale
- The Improbable Love Story Of France’s Presidential Probable
- In Last 5 Years, Blood Enough To Fill 53 Water Tankers Wasted Across The Country
- Tamil Nadu Minister Has A Brainwave: Float Thermocol To Prevent Water Evaporation In Vaigai Dam