'Modi Government Is Wasting No Time'
G.L.Singhal, the Gujarat police officer, from the ATS, has been reinstated by the Gujarat government. He was arrested in the Ishrat Jahan 'encounter' alias extra judicial killing case.
Who exactly is G.L.Singhal? A quick reminder:
- He audio taped the phone conversations between himself and Amit Shah, that incriminates Amit Shah and his 'Saheb" for misusing state machinery to conduct illegal surveillance on a woman.
- He has stated that Ishrat and others were kept in illegal custody and then killed after orders were obtained from the top brass. He objected to Ishrat's killing as she was INNOCENT, but cop DG Vanzara insisted that 'safed dadhi' and 'kali dadhi' had ordered Ishrat's elimination. Singhal is an accused in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case.
- He audio taped the secret meeting between the Advocate General of Gujarat, senior bureaucrats, accused cops, their lawyers, strategising to counter the order of the Gujarat High Court , if it declared the killings of Ishrat and others to be a fake encounter.
Modi Govt is wasting no time in fulfilling its promise. Most efficiently good governance is being delivered, justice is being obstructed and subverted.
Meanwhile, the Gujarat government justifies its decision to reinstate senior Gujarat Police officer G L Singhal, 48 on the grounds that since he is out on bail, he cannot be kept permanently under suspension. But, writing in the Indian Express, Ujjwala Nayudu and Muzamil Jaleel reminds us: Reinstated Gujarat top cop helped abduct, got weapons, said CBI:
Pandey, Vanzara, Amin, Singhal, Parmar, Barot and Anaju Jhiman Chaudhry, all senior officers of the Gujarat Police, the CBI said, had committed “offences of murder, abducting to murder, wrongful confinement, criminal conspiracy, causing disappearance of evidence or giving false information, destruction of evidence.”
- SC Seeks EC's Response
- Indian Woman, Son Found Murdered in US, Probe Launched
- Should Sidhu Be Allowed to Multitask?
- Aadhaar Not Needed For Mid-Day Meals
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Govt Staff in Bareilly Barred From Wearing Jeans, T-Shirts at Work
- Release Funds to State Bodies for Holding Matches: SC Tells BCCI
- 1984 Riots: SC Asks Govt to Give Files of 199 'Closed' Cases
- Counter-Terrorist Operations Claimed 92 Soldiers in J&K Since 2015: Govt
- PM Modi Calls Up Theresa May Over Terror Attack
- Dr Randeep Guleria Appointed New Director of AIIMS-Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- BSF Whistleblower Jawan Tej Bahadur Yadav Is Alive, Wife Denies Rumours Of Death
- What Do Copyright Experts Feel About Wrangle Between Ilayaraja And SPB?
- Bhagat Singh Not The First Or Last Revolutionary Killed By British. But Why Is He Remembered Even Today?
- Yogi Adityanath's Decision To Suspend Twitter Handle And Switch To Another One An Attempt To Erase His Past?