'Modi Government Is Wasting No Time'
G.L.Singhal, the Gujarat police officer, from the ATS, has been reinstated by the Gujarat government. He was arrested in the Ishrat Jahan 'encounter' alias extra judicial killing case.
Who exactly is G.L.Singhal? A quick reminder:
- He audio taped the phone conversations between himself and Amit Shah, that incriminates Amit Shah and his 'Saheb" for misusing state machinery to conduct illegal surveillance on a woman.
- He has stated that Ishrat and others were kept in illegal custody and then killed after orders were obtained from the top brass. He objected to Ishrat's killing as she was INNOCENT, but cop DG Vanzara insisted that 'safed dadhi' and 'kali dadhi' had ordered Ishrat's elimination. Singhal is an accused in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case.
- He audio taped the secret meeting between the Advocate General of Gujarat, senior bureaucrats, accused cops, their lawyers, strategising to counter the order of the Gujarat High Court , if it declared the killings of Ishrat and others to be a fake encounter.
Modi Govt is wasting no time in fulfilling its promise. Most efficiently good governance is being delivered, justice is being obstructed and subverted.
Meanwhile, the Gujarat government justifies its decision to reinstate senior Gujarat Police officer G L Singhal, 48 on the grounds that since he is out on bail, he cannot be kept permanently under suspension. But, writing in the Indian Express, Ujjwala Nayudu and Muzamil Jaleel reminds us: Reinstated Gujarat top cop helped abduct, got weapons, said CBI:
Pandey, Vanzara, Amin, Singhal, Parmar, Barot and Anaju Jhiman Chaudhry, all senior officers of the Gujarat Police, the CBI said, had committed “offences of murder, abducting to murder, wrongful confinement, criminal conspiracy, causing disappearance of evidence or giving false information, destruction of evidence.”
- SC Allows Marine Latorre to Stay Back in Italy
- Don't Behave Like Lords, 'Fall in Line': SC Tells BCCI
- Day After Stoning of Saamna Office in Maharashtra, Cartoonist Expresses Regret
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Pak Approaches World Bank Amid Reports of India Revoking Indus Water Treaty
- Most SAARC Members Join India, Pull Out of Summit in Pakistan
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- MH17 Probe 'Biased', Moscow 'Disappointed': Foreign Ministry
- NIA Gets Custody of PoK Duo Who Facilitated Uri Attack
- Sahara Group Has Taken Us for a Ride: SC
- Pakistani Singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's Concert in Bengaluru Cancelled
- Idols of Durga Vandalised in Bangladesh
- Kashmiri Student Booked For Sedition Over 'Anti-National' Post
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED