'Modi Government Is Wasting No Time'
G.L.Singhal, the Gujarat police officer, from the ATS, has been reinstated by the Gujarat government. He was arrested in the Ishrat Jahan 'encounter' alias extra judicial killing case.
Who exactly is G.L.Singhal? A quick reminder:
- He audio taped the phone conversations between himself and Amit Shah, that incriminates Amit Shah and his 'Saheb" for misusing state machinery to conduct illegal surveillance on a woman.
- He has stated that Ishrat and others were kept in illegal custody and then killed after orders were obtained from the top brass. He objected to Ishrat's killing as she was INNOCENT, but cop DG Vanzara insisted that 'safed dadhi' and 'kali dadhi' had ordered Ishrat's elimination. Singhal is an accused in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case.
- He audio taped the secret meeting between the Advocate General of Gujarat, senior bureaucrats, accused cops, their lawyers, strategising to counter the order of the Gujarat High Court , if it declared the killings of Ishrat and others to be a fake encounter.
Modi Govt is wasting no time in fulfilling its promise. Most efficiently good governance is being delivered, justice is being obstructed and subverted.
Meanwhile, the Gujarat government justifies its decision to reinstate senior Gujarat Police officer G L Singhal, 48 on the grounds that since he is out on bail, he cannot be kept permanently under suspension. But, writing in the Indian Express, Ujjwala Nayudu and Muzamil Jaleel reminds us: Reinstated Gujarat top cop helped abduct, got weapons, said CBI:
Pandey, Vanzara, Amin, Singhal, Parmar, Barot and Anaju Jhiman Chaudhry, all senior officers of the Gujarat Police, the CBI said, had committed “offences of murder, abducting to murder, wrongful confinement, criminal conspiracy, causing disappearance of evidence or giving false information, destruction of evidence.”
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Killed, 17 Injured in Florida Nightclub Shooting Rampage
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Kejriwal Assails BJP Over Sidhu's Remark
- Parsi Population Dips by 22% Between 2001-2011
- AAP Failed on Women Security Front, Kejriwal Should Resign: BJP
- Wrestler Narsingh Yadav 'Framed', Says Congress Leader
- NIA Files Chargesheet Against Three Men With Alleged ISIS Links
- Not Liable to Repay Rs 6000 Cr Debt Due to Breach of Terms: KFA