In Pics: Indian Railway's New Vistadome Coaches With Glass Roof, LED Lights And GPS
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged off a train with vistadome coach between Visakhaptnam and Araku having features like glass roof, LED lights, rotating seats, GPS-based information system among others. The minister said the new features would be of great enjoyment for tourists.
"Vistadome coaches have glass roof with electrically controlled opalescence, can be made transparent to enable outside view," tweeted the minister after inaugurating the coaches.
"These coaches are also equipped with observation lounge, Infotainment system, wide side door for Divyangs, automatic sliding compartment door," he said, adding that its unique offering will enable tourists to enjoy scenic beauty not only at destination but also along the journey.
Prabhu flagged off two trains including the one with vistadome coaches and laid the foundation of a railway facility, in different parts of the country, at Rail Sadan in Bhubaneswar through video conference.
Prabhu, who is in the Odisha capital to attend the BJP's national executive meeting, flagged off the Life Line Express at Sindhudurg (Maharastra) and said it would be of great help for poor patients. He laid the foundation of a mechanised laundry under BOOT model at Visakhapatnam which, he said, would improve the quality of linen.
- Speculation Ends, It's Meira Kumar Vs Ram Nath Kovind
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Files Mercy Petition
- Two Jawans Martyred During Retaliatory Action Against Pak Troops
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED