All This For This?
- Rahul Gandhi addressed 211 rallies, more than one for every two assembly seats
- 18 roadshows in 48 days of campaigning; covered a total distance of 200 km in campaign bus
- At 28, Rahul has just six more seats from the 22 in 2007
- In the Gandhi family pocketboroughs of Amethi, Rae Bareli and Sultanpur, Congress picked up just two out of 15 seats on offer. In 2007, it had won 10 of these.
- In Sonia Gandhi’s Rae Bareli, Congress failed to pick up any of the five seats; in his own Amethi, only two out of five seats went to Congress.
- Congress picked up just five of the 85 reserved constituencies. It lost the Jewar constituency under which Bhatta-Parsaul (where Rahul campaigned against firing on farmers) falls. In Bhatta village, Congress got 176 of the 446 votes cast.
When you drop from the skies, the landing can lead to serious injury. After the disastrous showing for...