Mukesh Ambani: Position of strength Sitting cool and quiet while the government defends all allegations, from inflated development costs and high gas price to RIL reneging on gas allocation to NTPC.
Anil Ambani: Swinging public opinion Has let lose a media blitz to put the government on the defensive in Parliament, seeks to raise concerns around the neutrality of state policy.
The government: National interest? Faces serious credibility issues at a time when it seeks to bat for the national interest; has battened down the hatches and PMO is now overseeing.
The key strategists and players driving the battle over K-G gas
Mukesh Ambani, RIL
- Anand Jain, Chairman, Jai Corp He’s away from the limelight, but remains the key advisor for innovative solutions.
- Nikhil Meswani, Executive Director, RIL Completely loyal and a relative, Meswani is a crucial filter for Mukesh.
- Manoj Modi, Director, RIL The quintessential backroom boy, Modi is the key trouble-shooter for the team.
- P.M.S. Prasad, CEO, RIL Oil and Gas Considered a top-notch professional in the oil and gas field, has good networking skills.
- Niira Radia, Neucom This powerful PR lady sets strategy for the group’s media and lobbying cells.
Anil Ambani, ADAG
- Amitabh Jhunjunwala, Vice-Chairman, Rel...