- Pro He represents change and fresh energy, which the party urgently needs
- Con Rahul takes over at a time when the Congress has lost much of its relevance as a national party
- Pro Rahul maintains close contact with his chosen set of people, keeping tabs on progress through them
- Con How he uses the wisdom and experience of the Congress elders is not yet clear and can be a challenge
- Pro As a Gandhi scion there are no challengers to Rahul’s leadership in the party
- Con But the Congress may go into “sleep” mode without Rahul’s...