The Tough New Manmohan
- The PM has gone on the offensive in this election season
- He has decided to take on the Opposition, particularly L.K. Advani and the BJP. He has declared that this is well-thought-out and deliberate strategy.
- From being sensitive, measured and reticent, he has become sharp and caustic
- He has managed to put the BJP on the backfoot by hitting it where it hurts and questioning L.K. Advani's handling of the Kandahar hijack and the demolition of the Babri Masjid
- Being declared the prime ministerial candidate seems to have given him a new sense of purpose
- He is now the USP of the party in Elections 2009
- The first signs of the PM's aggressive behaviour were seen at the time of the nuclear deal
"Advani likes to call me a weak prime minister. I cannot help pointing out...