- Up to 26 per cent FDI in newspapers and newsmagazines
- Up to 74 per cent FDI in non-news publications
- Majority shareholders accepting FDI must be resident Indians. Should hold more than 26 per cent share.
- Three-quarters of the board members of a company accepting FDI must be resident Indians
- MD must be resident Indian
- Key posts on editorial boards should be with resident Indians
- Credentials of foreign investor subject to verification of home, I&B ministries
- Prior permission of I&B ministry for change in shareholding pattern