G’s Global Woes
Google’s problems aren’t restricted to India. It is facing similar cases around the world.
- Europe: The search giant has been accused of using its dominant position on the web to dominate the market for online product searches. There’s another probe on possible abuse of dominant position with Android.
- Brazil: Is being investigated for favouring its own services over others on the internet
- Hong Kong & Argentina: Facing issues about collecting user data
- Spain: Had to shut down Google News over copyright issues.
- Germany: Its Google Street View navigation service got into problems over privacy issues
- Mexico: The local regulator has brought up issues similar to those in Europe