Budget takeaways for whom?
- Despite having over 280 mn illiterate people, primary, secondary education spends cut by 16%
- Health and family welfare budget cut by 15% despite high level of disease burden, malnutrition
- Rise in service tax from 12% to 14% will make healthcare and education more expensive
- Over 97% cut in central funds for Panchayati Raj, municipalities
- 14% cut in farm sector funds baffling, considering promises of raising farm income
- Allocation of funds to Swachh Bharat Abhiyan almost halved