In 99 Tests over 79 years, success had been hard won
- 1932 The first Test match between India and England is played at Lord's. Led by the legendary C.K. Nayudu, India loses by 158 runs to Douglas Jardine's side.
- 1952 India defeat England for the first time in Chennai, riding on Vinoo Mankad's 12 wickets in the match and Pankaj Roy's 111.
- 1962 India win its first-ever series against England. Salim Durrani, M.A.K. Pataudi, Chandu Borde, Vijay Manjrekar and captain Nari Contractor are the star performers.
- 1971 India win their first series in England, propelled by its spin bowlers through the series. Chandra paves the way for the historic win at the Oval, bagging 6-38.
- 1986 India win their first Test at Lord's. Dilip Vengsarkar, Chetan Sharma and Kapil Dev are top performers. India clinch the series...