1. May 6, 1999 Presence of intruders seen in Dras and Batalik-Kargil areas
2. May 19, 1999 Pak helicopter photographed heading back to PoK, crossing over LoC
3. May 26-27, 1999 Air strikes launched in Dras and Kargil. Fl. Lt. Nachiketa ejects from his MiG-27 after the crash; held by Pak forces, released later. Sqd. Ld. A. Ahuja dies as his MiG-21 hit by a missile.
4. May 28, 1999 An Indian Air Force Mi-17 combat helicopter shot down by SAM (surface to air missile) by intruders north of Dras. All four occupants killed.
5. June 18, 1999 300 intruders come 15 km inside, in Dras sector. Tololing heights in this sector won on 18th June; with other peaks like 4590 and 5140
6. July 4, 1999 Overlooking Srinagar-Leh highway, the main Tiger Hill peak is won by 8 Sikh and 18 Grenadiers of the Indian army
7. July 6, 1999 Roughly 300 intruders come 10 km inside the border and threaten the route to Siachen and Leh. After heavy artillery fire, Jubar heights finally won on July 6.
8. July 10-25, 1999 Major heights cleared by the army in Mushkoh valley