- What was the need for the club to renew the lease, which expires only in 2020, in 2012, eight years in advance?
- What criterion has been followed in giving those nominated by the ministry out-of-turn membership?
- Are they outstanding golfers? Decorated soldiers of our armed forces? Are they persons of
international or national standing in any field?
The Club’s Lease History
- 1950-1970: Signed on Sept 15, 1952, for 183 acres
- Up to 1980: Came into effect on April 23, 1968, for 180 acres
- 1981-1990: Came into effect on May 31, 1975. Club agreed to allow two government nominees on the general committee.
- 1991-2010: Came into effect on August 5, 1996. Number of govt nominees on committee was raised to three—one of five members would be a govt official. 25 tenure members were to be...