How RSS, Ramdev Found Common Cause
- August-September 2010: RSS functionaries meet Baba Ramdev and discuss taking up corruption as an issue. They decide to float a forum to campaign against graft.
- October 2010: RSS informs BJP leader L.K. Advani and party president Nitin Gadkari of its plan to back the baba’s bhrashtachar mitao satyagraha
- March 2011: RSS adopts a resolution against corruption at its annual Akhil Bharatiya Pratinidhi Sabha held in Puttur, Karnataka
- April 2011: Ramdev meets RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat in Nagpur. June 4 is fixed as the date for the fast unto death at Ramlila grounds.
- April 2011: Bhagwat visits Ramdev at his Haridwar ashram, hand-delivers a letter spelling out RSS support. Directive sent to all RSS cadres to...